Deal Check: Loaner EQE 350 SUV

Hey guys,

So this is more a purchase question vs leasing question.

A Mercedez Benz dealership closeby is selling a loaner EQE 350 SUV for about 28% off ($57,500 vs $80,000 MSRP). They can’t lease the vehicle because it was sold by mistake to a customer who then returned it. It was also previously used as a loaner so has about ~6k miles.

I was previously only interested in leasing because it’s an EV but at that price point, would buying make sense?

Are there any additional incentives that can be added? I believe the $7,500 only applies to leases. How about fleet pricing? Can I request for that to get added?

Thanks!

My 2 cents are that depriciation is pretty unpredictable with EV’s especially luxury ones. Also considering that this is the first generation of an EQE there is a high chance it will depreciate heavily. I would also consider potential reliability issues from all the electrical systems once you are out of warranty.

1 Like

Also it wouldn’t qualify for the 7500. It might as a tax credit if you register under a business. I believe fleet can only be added on new cars and loaners.

Try running the VIN through the likes of Carvana, Carmax, etc.

Even with the steep discount, how does it compare to what you’d get for it if you turned around and sold shortly after? If the difference is shockingly large, that might help you determine if it’s really a good purchase.

I think you’ll be 10K flipped the second you drive off.

Don’t even think about anything besides leasing when an EQ-anything is the car in question.

3 Likes

Not sure if 28% is good enough considering it’s an used car.

My eqe 500 I just sold was 96k msrp, with only 3k miles and owned for just 4 months. Most dealers would only offer 55-58k to take it. That’s like taking a 50% cut with less mileage than the one you are looking at.

EQ depreciations are brutal.

2 Likes

Yup, I second those values. I recently picked up an EQE500 with $104k MSRP with only 400 miles. Those are around the values that the likes of Carvana were offering last night. Brutal.

1 Like

Thanks all. I actually just ran it through Carvana at the current conditions and they offered $57,400 cash to buy it (the same selling price).

I then increased the mileage to 40k miles and it fell about $10k. I imagine that’s not dissimilar from gas cars though.

Considering that, today’s pricing doesn’t seem bad. Maybe if I can get a fleet discount, it’d even be more worth it.

Not if it was already sold and is now a used vehicle. (Same issue with them not giving the incentive on a lease)

2 Likes

I sold mine to Carvana for 68k. They are the only one offering significantly more. But my guess is their database is not up to date yet, it’s going to fall drastically after its updated.

Transparently, I could have waited for my former lease to end…was upside down in it with negative equity, called the dealership and they wouldn’t buy back qx50 early, unless I took one of their current deals which weren’t great and the 2023 MBs would’ve been gone by then.

The 2023 MB EQE deals/incentives I’ve been seeing on LH have been too good to pass up. Considered working up through a broker but called my local MB dealership in S. Florida and asked if they could match what I was seeing. They asked when I could come in and sign and I headed right over.

$85,950 (loaner with ~3,400mi)
$18K discount off MSRP
$13K incentives (7.5 EV/5.5 Amex)
$1921.64 lease pay out
36mo/10k
$566/mo
$3266 DAS (2700 + 566)
Free Home Charger
(Working on the 2yr Electrify America charging, not sure if it’ll pan out)

Would have been closer to the 510-520/mo range without the early lease term but I’m happy to be honest. Loving the EQE 350 SUV 4Matic.

Go for a lease if you can find one & they should give you the additional incentives!

Congrats! Nice upgrade.

I noticed your post on signed. Isn’t your effective payment more like $641?

($2700 / 36) + $566

Nonetheless, still looks like a really solid deal. Enjoy it!

If you will keep the car for 3 years - lease it. More than 3 years, you can make a case for buying it. I will try to get it closer to 50k.

I see what you’re saying walking out the 2700 across the 36mo and seems about right. But I was ok with that, knowing I had the lease payout & they worked with me and bumped up the MSRP discount from 15 to ~19% to help offset it a bit.

Honestly before this site, I was a dumb leaser, had no idea about any of this stuff haha. I thought the deals they posted online were the source of truth. Admittedly allowed myself to get some poor deals in the past with a true lack of knowledge. I might have been able to squeeze them a bit more, walk out/call the next day, but I saw them move all 10 2023 EQE SUVs that were online that day, none left now.

I’m close to signing on this deal from a local dealership but wanted to get feedback from others. What do you think of it?

The car has 5,400 miles (a bit higher miles) and MSRP is $87,650. Test drove it and looks good.

1 Like

Hope it is still there for you when you are done thinking about it. I wouldn’t have hesitated for $513 on an $87k car.

Sounds about right, same msrp $515 a month with 1st payment due at signing 36/10k

This deal wont last. No where will you get a ~500 month with an 87k sticker. I just picked up an EQE350 demo (1k miles) with 87k sticker for 600 a month with 1k DAS (including 1st month payment). Make sure you have a home charger because public charging is expensive and annoying

Its free for 2 years, charged mine last night at shopping center

Plus you get a free home charger

What’s free for 2 years?