Deal Check: Leasing 2023 VW Tiguan S (FL, Orange County)

New 2023 VolkswagenTiguan 2.0T S SUV
VIN: 3VVRB7AX9PM132916

39 months
12k miles

MF 0.00258

$471 x 38 = ?

And how does that compare to the selling price of the vehicle?

1 Like

one of my friend leased Tiguan SE in $400/m and $500 down. 10k miles and 39 months in California

That’s insane. You have $2700 trade equity in there. You’re discount is offset by add-ons, most likely completely useless. The “S” trim is barebones. That is a lot of money for a Tiguan S. If you’re set on the Tiguan, reach out to a broker. This is almost an Audi Q5 payment.

I am feeling dumb. I do not understand. The residual is 60% and 17898 is 63% is that what you mean?

The payments should add up 17083.80 to represent the residual?

Ok I was able to get them down to $440

Thank you!!

Google is your friend. Educate yourself and learn to use lease calculator. If not you will get hosed.

Why do a 39 month lease? From Edmunds lease forum 36/12 terms are 0.00208 and 62%.

2 Likes

Even at $440/mo, you will have spent ~68% of the MSRP (including your trade allowance, and who knows how much they might be shortchanging you tehre) and will have nothing to show for it.

It doesn’t seem like a good use of $.

I agree w/ the other posters that you should spend some more time learning what variables go into a lease deal. You may also wish to hire a broker.

3 Likes

Lose any notion of leasing a car with shitty programs.

Value your trade separately

2 Likes

Just go to marketplace and find a broker that operates in FL.

Even if you financed this car it’s still not a great position in when your dealer adds exceed the discount on a car that shouldn’t be marked up.

And who knows if you’re actually getting a good trade in value, what if any research have you done on the value of your 4Runner?

Yes and unfortunately it’s a lease with SETF which has been my biggest gripe. I can only sell to those who have toyota affiliate locations.

Keep the 4runner…it’ll always be worth more and it wont break anytime soon

1 Like

Thank you guys. I appreciate all the candor.

It’s a lease. Ends in December.

Learn how to lease first and wait until December as programs will likely be much better then.

1 Like

Based on this, the 440 is a good deal. Not a great deal but a good one.
My credit is not Tier 1 right now by the way.

Do you like the 4Runner? If it suits your needs, maybe buy out the 4Runner at the end of the lease. It’ll hold its value way better than will a Tiguan.

3 Likes

Your calc is nowhere near what your dealer offer is…again, why need to get out now? Why 39 months and an additional plate/reg fee for only 3 months? Only 1K off on a year old model when 24 is coming is not good at all…wait until December and get a great year end deal.

I can’t afford it :pensive: the lease pay off will be 33k and with my credit they are asking for 650/month for 5 years

They only do 39 for leases here is what I was told.