Deal Check - Kia EV9 Lease in SF Bay Area

Looking to pull the trigger on an EV9 lease in the upcoming week, and think I’ve found a decent deal (for this specific model, at least). This is a 12k / 24 month lease.

I would like to be paying sub $1k/month, but the dealer quote is $1123, tax included. Working the calculator, the given numbers seem to say it is sub $1k, so
I’m not sure what/where is dealer is padding things.

Leasehackr calculator

They have already said the MF is inflated, Kia has it at .00194 for 24/12 on GTL, and the dealer has added 40 points to that, bringing me to .00234. I will fight them on that, but still feel like I am missing something. Based on the quote, I am not sure what else there is to negotiate.

Thanks in advance

Any reason You do NOT like EQS450? IMO it is easy to get them for less then $1k/m
Also check with local CA brokers. @aronchi on east coast has great deals for EV9

The Non Tax Fees should be just license & registration, about $818 according to DMV.

They’re padding the Non Tax Fees and the car just came out, so there aren’t going to be great deals on them. If they have base MF and take out the extra fees, it would be a better deal. Have you explored the EQS, R1S, and iX?

These are good tips, thank you. Let me get back to the dealer and break out the non-tax fees. This dealer has more than 2 of this config on the lot, so they should have some incentive to move them.

One of my requirements is 3-row with middle captain chair, which there aren’t a ton of options for.

Is the quote from Kia Hilltop?

Hmm…there should be Acquisition as well, but wow this deal is pretty bad

Yes it’s missing the acquisition fee, but AF is taxable.

I’m getting a similar run around with a few local Kia dealers. The Calculator has the 24/12 payments at about 800 for any GT-Line discounted to the $70k range, but the dealers are marking up the MF, and saying “we use an average MF before credit check.” When it’s a $170+/month difference I’m not submit a credit app just to maybe see a lower payment.

Reminder: It’s a Kia.

1 Like

$769 DMV Reg fee (based on DMV calc and $695 acq fee = $1464.

These are my own calculations, so I’ll still ask the dealer and see what else is in there.

Agreed it’s (just) a KIA, and their most expensive vehicle thus far. I’m sure there are going to be even bigger discounts soon.

1 Like

There are so many nicer cars than a Kia for this payment. You can even spend 700-800 a month for an ice vehicle with gas and still be under this payment. It’s a nice Kia, but still a Kia.

1 Like

Have you checked the Marketplace for both the EV9 and Mercedes EQS580 SUV?

2 Likes

Aren’t you getting a $5k dealer discount?

What additional dealer discount would be required to get you there?

The dealer is staying put on the MF, so I’m walking for now. I appreciate the advice on the marketplace, the EQS SUVs look good and I’d be more comfortable paying these prices for an MB over a Kia.

Potential further discount could be a stacked offer with Costco Auto, for example. This dealer did not want to add any further discount.

I haven’t followed Kia previously, but apparently a similar story was with the EV6 - MSRP sales at launch and huge discount shortly after. The EV9 fits a niche and is very well reviewed car, but they are already accumulating on lots. Most of the EV9s I’ve been following for 2 months are still available. Its good that we are already at $5k off as advertised price (I didn’t have to negotiate this, it was directly on the dealers site.)