10% dealer discount $10,110
Rebate & Military $10,400
Sale Price $80,600
15,000 miles for 36 months
$7,000 down
$897 month payment
Sorry for the chicken scratch on the dealer worksheet

Side note
I saw a better 2025 optioned (vent seats added) at the same dealer for $102,095. I offered $10 more a month, (they wanted $20 more ) so $907/month plus $7,000 down. Same 15k miles for 36 months. Take or keep shopping?

Ohmigod, is this the dealer’s version of the four-square tactic?

Is the writing a combination of yours and the dealer’s?

Are you in California? Are they really trying to charge you tax based on the sales price? Post your best attempt at the calculator but, if they’re really trying to charge you tax based on the sales price and you’re in CA, I’d run away just based on that alone…

I think you are misreading this document. The tax listed is in the case of a purchase. As I’m sure you know, in California taxes are paid monthly along with the amortization over the life of the lease.

Here’s my crack at a calculator for this deal. I’m assuming the tax rate is 8.75%. That military incentive is nice, it helps a lot to bring down the cap cost!

Ah, yes. Thanks.

Broker ads in CA list a $9900 rebate on this car. So I think military is only $500.

OP’s deal is ~$300/mo more than broker ads, but OP has a (much) higher mileage limit and an MSRP that’s btw $5K-10K higher. Perhaps they can play around w/ the calculator to see if their deal is roughly equivalent, after taking into account higher MSRP and mileage limit.

1 Like

All the handwriting is mine, not the dealer. The sales tax was just to show the tax for a full purchase.

The sales tax in San Diego is 7.57%.
The total cost of the lease is $39,292. That’s $897x36 plus $7k down.
I looked at the most recent (Dec-March) SIGNED BMW IX deals and they are for $5-6k MSRP less and 5-7,000 miles less, and for those deals the total cost ranged from $32,000-$37,000.
So with a higher MSRP and more miles on the lease, I was thinking $39k total is a decent deal and I’m not likely to beat it by very much.
Am I looking at this right?

Got mine from a SD Autonation dealership months earlier. $105k sticker, 12% off at base mf. Be aware that their calculator off so make sure have your own calculator when you sign

What is your monthly payment and any cash down?
What was the MF?

Push for 12% off, 10 is alright if they don’t go all the way to 12. Do you really need 15k miles? Heres quite a rv hit between 12 and 15 (10 to 12 is only 1%).

For the miles, I’m typically driving 17-18k per year. So getting 15k for the lease is the best fit for me. 10 or 12k would be under shooting for sure.

So it would seem I can get a better deal and will continue to negotiate and shop.Thanks for the inputs

@notaleasepro, I don’t want set unrealistic expectations for @CaptBrad, but where have you seen 12% off a new iX (non-loaner)? 10% is excellent! Most of the deals are in the 8-9% off range.

From what can see the MF is marked up a bit, but that’s because the 10% off is already so aggressive. It’ll net out around 8-9% which is similar to the best broker deals we see on this site. What am I missing? I’m not sure there is anything to complain about here.

Its an SUV that is in high inventory, at least in So Cal, with high dealer competition/density. Can be aggressive on it.