Deal Check 2024 Ioniq 5 SEL RWD / Limited - Texas

This is the best I could get on the Ioniq 5 in Texas. Is there anything I can do to counter to get to numbers I’ve seen here recently?

2 big things:

1. Go for 24/12K for higher RV (72%)
  2. They’re giving you a $20 discount off MSRP. That’s laughable. Aim for minimum 4-5% off MSRP.

If you can’t swing it, reach out to brokers in your area who will almost certainly get you a better deal.

3 Likes

Getting more than a groupon for studio movie grille voucher as a discount is a good place to start.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to find a broker, clearly a busy market.

Would love to help but we just don’t have the processing capacity to add new brands at the moment. :eyes:

1 Like

In like 46 other states this is the solution. But not when you’re paying 6.25% of the selling price upfront for taxes and amortizing them over shorter terms.

1 Like

Don’t waste time going into dealerships to get a quote. Set the target terms you’re looking for then email every single Hyundai dealership within a 100 mile radius to you to see who’s willing to play ball. If you don’t have a broker, it’s likely going to take some work, but all the resources you need are here to at the very least get a decent deal.

2 Likes

24 SEL RWD
I’ve got this offer, which I sent to another dealership. They claim they can “absolutely beat that” but will provide numbers only in person. Is this somewhere close to a good deal?

Thanks in advance to everyone who has helped!

1 Like

Much better, but try to get that inflated MSRP down to base by telling them you don’t want any dealer added accessories/options (some dealers include things like lojacks). And again, don’t take that “come in person” BS - it’s 2024. God, I hate typical car salesmen and their horribly outdated tactics. Them saying they can “absolutely beat that” means they can give you $1 discount and that technically wouldn’t be lying. They tend to have 0 regard for your time and just want a sale, so make them WORK and EARN your business. Tell them to email/text the quote and that you’ll only go in to sign the papers for the right deal. In some cases, you don’t even have to go to the dealership and they’ll deliver the car to you too. Good luck.

2 Likes

This seems to be the final offer… Or $429 for 24/15k

Gonna go on a 2 hour drive tomorrow to pick up. Worth it?

Complete theft is right but realistically that’s most of the front end margin on a Hyundai. :man_shrugging:

If it’s really what you want then go with it.

Is this better? 2023 Limited

$995 doc? Where’s that coming from?

On a 2023? No thanks

It’s in Alabama

Is it a bad deal even considering more than 100/mth is ridiculous TX tax?

I updated the title to be more descriptive. Btw, unless you need all the features that come with the Limited, go with an SEL.

What’s the residual on '23 Limited? Why not look at a 2024 model?

Thank you… SEL was my original choice,but they sold out

62 percent