Deal Check: Genesis G70 3.3T Sport Prestige RWD (South FL)

Hi All,

I had zero intention of getting a local quote here in South FL this past weekend. I simply wanted to check out the slightly refreshed Genesis G70, mainly so my fiancée could see it and drive it. We currently live in an urban area of town and share one car (we walk to work/use public transit, so we only need a car for longer weekend trips across the County to see family or to go out, get groceries etc), so it’s important to me that she sees cars I’m considering in-person, especially since she’s already test driven the C43 AMG, S4 and M340i with me. After the test drive, I explained to the salesperson that we had an errand to run after and couldn’t be late (wedding vendor appointment) but he wouldn’t let us leave until he at least gave me a preliminary quote. This is what I received. If you’re familiar with the South FL car market then you already know the shenanigans that happen out here and probably know where this quote sheet is from. See below:

These monthlies are for 36 months, 10K miles a year, and are inclusive of 7% tax. That range given on the sheet is based in credit tiers (I’m Tier 1). The mandatory $1.5K GPS Anti-Theft device is already a red flag. On the surface, $599/mo for a fully loaded car in this class does not sound bad and the dealer is claiming that the $3K DAS is all based on Dealer Fees, Doc Fees, taxes, first month etc. which are notoriously high here and none being applied towards CCR. There’s no breakdown of the fees. No breakdown of MF, either.

Based on an RV of 61% and a base MF of 0.00110 from Edmunds, I can already tell that the MF is being marked up HEAVILY (base MF makes the payment come out to about $530ish/mo). The incentives appear to be correct based on conquest and Genesis lease cash incentives this month. I did not push back because we had to leave and had zero intention of getting the vehicle that day. This, of course, has not stopped the dealer from hounding me for a commitment.

My fiancée thinks that as nice as this fully loaded G70 seems, it’s still not worth $599/month and does not feel as special as the Audi, etc. Funny enough, I tested my salesperson about that mandatory add-on and this is the runaround I got:

“ Hi _____! Hope you guys are doing amazing, thanks for the reply.

Here is a video of the accessory that we offer in our vehicles. It is already included with the price that we give you, you arent paying for that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRpqmAJZGY

Looking forward to see you guys soon.”

Lmao.

Fire away!

i’d say if you can remove the $1500 GPS (i wouldn’t want that on my car even if I got paid for it) would be decent.

off topic how does it drive? I am heavily considering one or a CPO 2023

1 Like

Personally, I think the G70 drives really well! Out of all the competition, it is the one that drives closest to the M340i IMO. Same heavy steering feel and great handling. It’s obviously not as fast when you floor it but you still feel the kick, especially in the back seat.

I will say that it doesn’t feel as “special” as the competition— I still don’t know why we didn’t get the full digital gauge cluster in the US and are left with the half analog-half digital one. Wish they decided to go with one or the other. Also, the “metal” looking switch gear is just that— “metal” looking. Those touch points in the Audi and BMW equivalents feel better.

The ventilated and cooled nappa leather seats are nice, though! Still a great value overall, but at what cost is what I’m trying to sort out.

1 Like

Compare to S4 and S5 Sportback deals in the Marketplace including northern brokers who sell to Florida such as @Bostoncarconcierge

1 Like

Thank you! Already on it and actively comparing figures on various S5s to see what makes sense.

Update: my suspicions of not using the base MF were correct. The sales person came back to me, unsolicited, after I asked to clarify what MF they were using, with a similarly specced Sport Prestige. This one is without a metallic color at the additional cost (like $500 or so for those metallic paints).

I can’t tell if the additional discount was to account for the anti-theft system, but in surprised by how willing they’re to play ball.

I’m working with them to see if they can find the exact spec I want (Vatna Gray with Red Interior) . It seems like unless I opt for an Audi S3, that a similar specced S4 or S5 with this monthly will be very hard to come by. MSDs will be required for those. Options wise, they seem to need the sport package and adaptive dampers to drive similarly. Plus, Audi Care is now $1699. I don’t even think any leftover 540i loaners are going for this monthly payment?

All things considered, this now seems like a very interesting value proposition. Decisions decisions!