Deal Check for New 2021 BMW M550i

It’s a good deal on an awesome car. You can push but at what expense…time is money and you may squeeze another half point for weeks worth of work. Sign it and send some pics.

M550s are a little harder to come by so I’d qualify anything around 10% off as good. As @JD81 said above, there is theoretically room to do better (i.e. you could have another dealer compete for it) but the improvement will be very marginal at best.

These cars hit a sweet spot in terms of performance and luxury for me because while you don’t quite get M5 performance, for daily usability they’re just a better value imo.

I ended up getting a good deal from a broker I think

2021 bmw m550i
$86,000 msrp
10% off msrp

3yr 30k miles

First month payment out the door ($1,011)

Max msd (7) $7,350

Monthly $1,011 after tax

Considering how my tax rate was 18.5% (due to ridiculous Chicago lease tax), I think this is a good deal

Anywhere else in the US, it would have been around $950 a month for monthly

What do you guys think of this deal?

Personally I wouldn’t spend $1,000+ on a 550i. I wouldn’t spend $950 outside of Chicago either assuming that’s correct.

It’s a bizarro world now. People on LH used to jump on pretty much every mainstream deal with “But you could have had a BMW for that payment!” until it became a cliche.

Now we’re on the other side. Now it’s BMWs that don’t lease well unless there’s flagship money or it’s a loaner plus stacking incentives + OL + MSD.

I’d argue it just got too easy for awhile. There are still BMW deals out there they just take more effort/lease hacking ability.