Deal Check EV9 Land

, ,

First time leasing, first time with EV vehicle, so excited and nervous at the same time.

36 month, 12k miles/year
Sale price = $67,415
Residual $42,665.85 (59%)
Money factor = 0.0165
Monthly payment = $820.63
Located in VA near Richmond (hour from where we live in northern VA)

Seems expensive. Could get a Rivian r1s for around the same price

Id ask them to explain why theyr charging for freight when it is already included in the msrp and then go do business with someone that won’t pull that deceptive crap.

1 Like

Here! I did the homework for you!

1 Like

EV9 Land is 72 after freight, what is this 2nd freight charge.

You can do a lot better on the discount which is the main variable in a lease deal

Move to a strategy of making offers.

Plug the following into the LH calculator after MSRP of the vehicle you’re looking at:

Selling price based on % pre-incentive discount found by searching Shared Deals and Marketplace sections of this forum.

RV, MF and incentives (lease cash) from Rate Findr. Add any extra rebates you qualify for (college grad, etc) under incentives.

DMV fees and taxes based on your state’s official website.

Voila! Now check the box to make it $0 DAS and offer the resulting monthly payment*

• preferably rounded to a multiple of $5 or $10 to make yourself seem more like a normal person :innocent:
2 Likes

This is becoming more prevalent lately. Dealers are starting with MSRP, showing a discount (by subtracting the freight charge from the MSRP) and then adding back in the freight charge as a line item on the deal sheet. So the $4900 discount is actually only a $3400 discount.

“Look how much you’re saving!”

1 Like

I just leased a ev9 wind for $466 a month ($3000 total DAS) so this is way high. 24/10k or 12k will have a better lease price FYI. I would target $5800-$6300 discount for the Land trim.

2 Likes

True but the EV9 Land is 69k before freight, OP shows a 72k car. This could be a TOL model, but just making sure.

This has been a Virginia thing forever

2 Likes

Loved the r1s but spouse really prefer ev9
Big enough hurdle to jump to evs rather than hybrid or gas, so ev9 is the only 3 row ev suv that’s budget friendly and spouse approved

1 Like

The deceptive games have been insane
One dealership I really like overall tried to sneak in a 0.00309 money factor