Deal check demo Mercedes Benz GLC 300 Rear Wheel Drive SUV

Hey everyone,

Another Hawaii lease that I am considering. We only have one Mercedes dealership on island. Want to see if I have any negotiating room here or if this is a good deal.

This is a Demo GLC 300 RWD premium package with heads up display and blind spot monitoring.
Current odometer Mileage: 4,122
MSRP: $47,005
Sales price: $42,225
Mileage: 10,000
Term: 36 months
Down payment: $5000
Monthly payment $469.48
Residual value: 55%
Money factor: .00060
Acquisition fee: $1095
Sales tax 4.712
Dealer and government fees total to: $409
Maintenance package: $1580

• Sales rep mentioned that I can’t put any MSDs because the money factor is so low.

• I also checked the kbb value of the car and it’s saying Fair Market Range (CPO) $38,548 - $43,551

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Don’t put $5000 down that’s an awful idea. This lease is also awful.

1 Like

Horrible deal. And the line about MSDs not being allowed feels like BS

1 Like

Is there a goal amount I should try to negotiate down to? The sales person seems a little more willing to budge. What should I be asking for? Or is this just hopeless and not worth it.

How much would it cost to pay the maintenance OOP for the duration of the lease?

1 Like

I can’t imagine living in Hawaii and not having a four wheel drive car! Between the rain, sand and dirt, seems like a questionable choice.

1 Like

Can’t do much, that dealer has no incentive negotiate. They’re literally the only game in town.

1 Like

What he said. That lease is however awful… that Money Factor is essentially 14% interest unless you’re missing a zero? Assuming you are, .0006 isnt bad at all (1.4%) Each MSD lowers your money factor .00007 so in this case, you could potentially use 8 MSD’s to lower the money factor to .00004 (.1%) but the rate is already pretty strong so I’m not sure I would advise that.

I work for Mercedes in AZ and we can discount GLC loaners $7k-$8k.

1 Like

I think it’s $500 every time to take it to them for even just an oil change. But I can’t imagine needing anything more than that during the span of the lease.

Haha! This is actually for the wife we have our beach / outdoor car For the Hawaii stuff :joy:

Shoot! Yes I forgot to add a zero so sorry! Ya I think that’s what the sales person was implying too. I guess I’ll go back to him with the KBB value and without the maintenance package and see what he gets back to me with.

Good luck!

1 Like

For the only dealer on the island it isn’t bad. That being said, how much to ship from California?

1 Like

I think it’s about $1000 to ship from Cali.

1 Like

There’s nothing preventing you from doing your own oil changes on a lease. It might be worthwhile shipping a car if the deal is right.