Deal check: CPO 2024 BMW X5

Hello - looking for a deal check on financing a CPO 2024 BMW X5. This is my first time purchasing.

Car was a loaner and has 13k miles on it. Fully loaded. Originally listed for $77k and they’re asking $66k. Financing through BMW would give me a rate of 3.99 over 60 months which is far below what I’ve been seeing. Would also come with a 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty.

FWIW, I’m based in MA and the car is in PA. It’s slim pickins up here in New England and this deal seems worth the drive to me but I’m wondering if there’s more that could be taken off the asking price or that I should try to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!

When it comes to purchases, I would avoid former loaners and rentals.

You can get a brand new $73k MSRP one for $66.

You can get 8-10% discount on a new X5, so probably not a good deal to get a cpo on with only this much discount.

How much more do you think I can/should try to negotiate off the price?

1 Like

Needs a better discount IMO. Too many miles. @IAC can help you on all things BMW.

2 Likes

Thank you! @IAC I would be grateful for any advice!

1 Like

Don’t even bother with a loaner X series BMW. A loaner has to be 20% off to make sense and I’ve been begging for that since precovid

2 Likes

What are the actual specs? Trim and options…

X drive 40i with parking assistance, driving assistance, climate comfort package and premium package
X5Build.pdf (249.7 KB)

MMR is around $60K so I would be looking to offer around $62K if this is really the way you want to go.

2 Likes

Helpful!! Thank you

Thank You for sharing the the deal info

Would you be able to share the MMR on an ‘23 X7 with similar trim and features? iPacket

1 Like

thank you so much!

Hi hackers,

I was able to get the price down $2k, bringing total discount off MSRP to 16%. This does seem to be a fair price based on what’s out there. Any thoughts?

6% additional discount over a brand new one isn’t enough for almost 14k miles IMO.

At this small delta I’d get a brand new one all day everyday.

And rentals are the worst type of used car. Get a one owner car if you absolutely have to buy used for some reason

4 Likes

14k miles is crazy for that small of a discount. You need more discount or go for a new one.