Deal Check: Cadillac CT4 2023 Premium Luxury

Planning on leasing a CT4, got this deal and was wondering if I can go lower or I should sign.

Money Factor is 0.00036 (0.86%)
$598/month with tax

Dealer is only giving $1k off? I would expect 10% to be possible from their end. The rest of the deal looks fine, MF, no add-one, etc. I’d push for a bigger discount.

How did you come to the conclusion this was a good candidate to lease?

What would make it a bad lease candidate? Sorry - I’m still new to leasing.

How come?

What are the main variables that determine the cost of a lease?

1 Like

What’s the $999? I’m guessing it’s a doc fee, but maybe they’re doing VIN Etch Plus in Tahoma Bold Italic.

Either way, you’re basically paying sticker.

It’s not an in-demand vehicle and there’s no shortage of XT4s. I would expect a better discount than what OP is getting on pretty much anything that’s sitting around.

I was wondering the same thing, I figured lease-initiation fee, but maybe I was too generous.

Acq fee is listed separately.

I missed that the first time I looked also.

You have things in your control and out of your control. Out of your control
Money Factor (plus potential markup)
Residual
Rebates

In your control:
Selling price of the vehicle. How much discount you can negotiate.

Generally a good candidate will have heavy rebates, high residual, and a not that bad MF. It’s not like buying a vehicle where you just negotiate the price and it’s mostly fine.

Look in the Share Deals forum to see what others have leased. Some plug-in hybrids qualify for a $7500 pass-through incentive on a lease, plus MSRP discounts plus decent residual.

2 Likes

It’s got a pitiful RV and lease cash (rebate).

Thank you very much for the explanation

If you really want this car, finance is better.

Is it that bad? Its under 48% of msrp to rent at least. People are praising other deals that are 40 to 45% of msrp. With a bit of a better discount on msrp it could be a fine deal

1 Like

It’s pretty bad, minimal discount, minimal incentives, low residual. What’s good about it?

1 Like

Unless you want ev, incentives are no where to be seen lately. As i said with a nice msrp % off, this can be a good deal. That mf is amazing low from what ive seen these days.

I think in recent times, all of the EV deals(with lots of incentives and rebates) have given people a false sense of the market. Most non EV cars haven’t leased as great post covid. Again, if you absolutely want this car and don’t want to finance, then the lease figure is alright.

Not every car gets discounts and incentives tbh. If they are really set on this car, not much they can do.

The whole point of leasehacking, which can only be done on a select few vehicles, is to lower the cost of ownership. Even when repetitive leases are compared to long term (5+ year) ownership.

Here you’ll pay $43,000+ over 2 leases. And have nothing to show for it except a bill for all disposition-related fees. How does that make any sense?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.