Deal Check: BMW M340i

I see this Kahu stuff on just about every 3rd BMW deal.

At this rate, people should get rid of the add-one before posting because they are going to get the same answer every time (unless it is a reasonable lease-end wear-and-tear).

I would also much rather choose my own tint. I can’t imagine the dealer is using high quality, premium tint

Go to a tint place that sells something like Formula1 and is well-known in your area.

Dealer tint is usually Ebay film. It will look really bad after a year or two.

@Electric When you say “take it at 11%” do you mean 11% off MSRP by total price? For instance with all taxes at fees included or do you mean 11% before rebates and fees are included?

1 Like

Discount before incentives = 11% of MSRP

I thought I had that already. The 7,000 discount is over 11%. I was hoping to get him to 12% before incentives like some of the California dealers have offered.

You are if you get rid of the dealer profit added back on in that desert pack and kahu.

1 Like

The dealer just outsources from the same guy that you can find down the block. They all do a good job. The only thing is the dealer pays him $150 and charges you $500 because it was done before you picked it up. Source: worked for Infiniti and GM as a detailer.

Also, that “wood” dash interior is usually just a pull and peel sticker, but it looks nice.

Exactly. You seriously overpay for their bottom tier product. They may do a fine job doing the install, but you’re getting a Kia Rio and paying for a Rolls-Royce

OP, If you’ve patience and a bit flexible with spec options…Id recommend to stick with the classic 1% off MSRP payment ( including all taxes and fees) on a brand new vehicle lease with just 1st month payment as DAS…start with 12k/36 mo, if not possible then 10k/36 mo…use refundable deposit as last resort to get to this payment or apply on top of it to make the deal even sweeter… if it’s month end or year end…push even harder. If you can get to this payment, mathematically, you landed yourself a great deal.
I’ve always followed this rule for my previous leases (different regions of the country) and it worked every time…most recently 2 weeks ago.

Or… And just hear me out here… He could base his target numbers on something real (like the currently available lease terms and competitive pre-incentive discounts based on other deals) instead of a bs made up rule that is totally irrelevant and in no way informs if something is a good deal or not.

2 Likes

I would be curious how many times a 1% deal isn’t a good deal. Taco comes to mind, and probably several exotics. Otherwise, I don’t understand the hate for the 1% rule on the vast majority of vehicles.

1 Like

Why don’t you look at Shared Deals or Trophy Garage instead of just making assumptions?

Classic confirmation bias at work here.

1 Like

Haha… lots of butt hurt people on here.Anyways, applying the rule, and if you aim for $623/mo with just 1st month as DAS, you know the above quote is bad…

For reference, Feel free to check out my recent activity, I posted my x3 lease deal by working towards the 1% baseline, scored 12.5%+ before incentives

Lots of people on here that give shitty advice too

1 Like

its a forum,duh!! so yeah! I let OP to decide

A better question would be how often is it actually reflective of a good deal… And the answer is rarely.

Just to be clear, your recommendation is to ignore what the current incentives and lease terms are, throw out what a specific person qualifies for, totally forget about what comparable vehicles are going for and instead go off an arbitrary percentage based on nothing and give up miles or add MSDs or do whatever you can to degrade the deal to hit that made up number?

I agree, this is a forum for sharing information and how to best get a good deal. The OP can decide for themselves if it makes more sense to use the actual information available and calculate what a good target is based on their needs and qualifications or if they’d rather forget all that and just pull a number out of thin air.

4 Likes

Closed pending removal of off-topic posts.

And this forum is about lease hacking, not about lazily targeting some random target you read about on the internet somewhere.