Deal Check - BMW iX xDrive50 in Texas

All - appreciate some input, as I’m pretty much a lease noob (leased once, long ago, without much knowledge). I’ve looked through some of the other iX deals…but I’m honestly not smart enough about this to make apples-to-oranges comparisons when the vehicle cost, trade in, taxes in different states, money down, etc. changes even a little bit!

-MSRP: $97,545
-3-year/10k miles per year
-Additional cost incorporated into monthly payment: ~$1700 for UHP A/S tires (it has summer tires on it, but I prefer A/S - have summer tires now and hate it, but I will take the summer tires with me and try to recoup some cost)
-Also has a mandatory $797 vehicle recovery system added
-Dealer discount: $6530
-Rebates: $9,900
-Since it’s Texas, 6.25% tax for full price of car
-Money factor = 0.00151
-53% residual
-DAS: $6400 + first month’s payment
-$1052 per month (was $999 per month prior to adding the tires in)

I think I have a pretty good deal - but that could be ignorance talking! Thanks in advance.

Pitiful real discount :-1:t2:

No sales tax credits :-1:t2:

NTM the MF was .00050 just 3 weeks back.

Can you wait?

1 Like

Oh yikes, that bad? Never thought to ask about sales tax credits. The dealer told me there was nothing else he could throw in, but that could just be talk.

I could wait - was looking to offload my Model 3 Performance before values plummet anymore but looks like they might have stabilized a little.

1 Like

Dear lord, no. This isn’t $999 or $1,052 a month. It’s more like $1,250.

2 Likes

We can beat this.

1 Like

Your i7 is even way cheaper than this lol

1 Like

This part’s kind of irrelevant. The program is what it is now, how does it really matter what it was 3 weeks ago? Genuine question.

BMW clearly did a blow-out program to bolster their EV numbers before end of year.

3 Likes

Well this is embarrassing :laughing:

How much could I reasonably expect to save @IAC? Ballpark?

Sent you a DM.

We have several more examples available!

It would be embarrassing if you’d already signed.

We’re glad you asked first. That’s why we are here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have rate at .00110

They are marking up 40

Bad deal, as folks above have said.

You want to aim for:

• 10-12% discount off of MSRP
  • buy rate MF (0.00111 for Jan '24)
  • 0 drive off (less money down on a lease is pretty much always better)

For a 36/10K iX with MSRP at $97-98K and the above, you should be at ~$1k/month including taxes.

I agree with @max_g - if you’re not in a rush, there’s no harm waiting because we’re just coming off of a BMWFS year-end blow out of EVs (and the iX in particular). BMW even slowed down/reduced iX production allocations for the month of Jan/Feb, so they’re taking a breather. Many folks here got 10-12% off + MF of 0.0005 and paid $800-900+/month (incl. tax) on almost fully loaded iX 50s i.e. MSRP >$100K.

If you just want to get out of your M3P into an iX, then work with one of the brokers on here esp IAC Scott for Texas to get a good enough deal around now.

1 Like

The pause in production is for switch to 2025 (We can take orders for these now)

Don’t expect substantially better base terms on 2024’s to come about until end of Q2/Q3 at the earliest when 2025’s start hitting the lots. Thanks for the shout out though!

Interesting - dealers are taking orders for 2025 iXs?

Yea, 2H is when I expect better financing terms to hit the market again, so if OP can wait, perhaps he should. No point waiting around for better terms in Feb or Mar.

Obligatory sarcasm…

What’s the expected rebates, trunk money, MF, and resid going to be for 2025 model year? Should people wait and hold off buying 2024?

You gotta know, right? Right???

Given the base price point hasn’t risen much ($150), I would fully expect the same program as what has been tried and true since July of last year.

Because leasehacking is about striking when conditions are most favorable, when lease programs are at their best, ie the best combination of RV, MF and incentives.

When was the last time iX programs were this bad?

If one can, why wouldn’t they wait?

If this is the main reason, it’s not a good idea. @z0lt3c could probably give you an idea of what the depreciation on them is looking like these days, but I bet it’s massively slowed compared to a few months ago

2 Likes

Let’s take 2023 as an example.

Say you were shopping in January when there was NO EV pass through and MF/RV was similar to the rest of the lineup.

How long did it take for your ideal condition to materialize? 10 months. If you have the luxury and wherewithal to be waiting 10 months then that’s your prerogative but most people do not and are not in such a position.

The current program is what’s been present (aside from the brief enhancement) since mid-July and take it from someone who actually knows the product, drives the product and sells the product that they’ve sold perfectly fine at that price point.

1 Like