Deal Check - BMW i4 xDr40

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for looking at the below. I received a quote from my local BMW dealer for the following but I’m having trouble understanding the numbers:

BMW i4
MSRP: $67,485
Discounts/Rebate: $12,985
Total Value (Net after rebate) : $54,500

Cash Down $4000
36 Months
10K Miles per year
Assumed MF: 4.56%
$716 per month (Includes all taxes, fees, etc. 11% Philly Tax).

When I plug these into the lease calc, I’m getting a much lower value ($686). I was hoping to get some education on what exactly I’m missing from a calculation standpoint. It appears the total value above is a pretty good deal but I suspect it may include the $7500 rebate which woudl make the efffective MSRP discount 8%.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Post your attempt at the calculator, but I can likely get you a much better offer from one of our dealer partners.

Yeah you’re getting roughly an 8% discount from the dealer. There are a couple of brokers here that are offering 12% off with less money DAS. I’d suggest hitting one of them up.

Thanks Scott - this is what I think is close to correct although I’m getting $722 with $5.4K down vs the $716/$4K that’s showing.

1 Like

Have you considered alternatives such as a Lucid?

Hard to recommend taking your deal which sounds like one of the worst ratios of price to performance, range, utility in the EV space at the moment.

You assumed the MF.

Thanks Herc. I’ve been seeing a lot of 10% off numbers but 12% would be great. Another plus is that this dealer is willing to take my current lease which has some damage on it which I am willing to pay a premium for if it means alleviating some of the headache with damage cost. I’ll try reaching out to a few brokers today.

Is the lease quote you were given 4k down, or 4k total due at signing, big difference and something you might want to clarify with the dealership.

I see we have a new ratio to use to try to convince people not to get BMW’s, this is a good one. I like this one.

1 Like

Thanks Scott - It says “$4K cash down” but they said that includes everything i.e. tax title etc. I asked for a more detailed breakdown so I can get a better insight into the fees, cash payment, etc.

It’s hard to know if this is right without knowing all the fees, but if I was doing this deal this is how I would come to those numbers:

Seems like a solid deal no matter what if this is your true monthly and due at signing amount

2 Likes

Consider doing max MSDs on this deal too to lower MF. MSDs offer a very nice ROI!

Using Scott’s calc you save 1512 over lease term on 4900 deposit…or over 9% annualized ROI.

Great suggestion! Thanks… I always assumed MSD’s were net negative but I was clearly wrong…

I was able to get some details that I think clarify some things… I had a trade in and it appears an extra down cash cap reduction that brings the cost down. If I’m looking at this correctly, the actual % reduction is ~8% off of MSRP vs the 9% we were assuming before.

Play with his calculator to see what MSDs do…the calc is very powerful tool!

Well, the trade is big missing piece. Did you verify trade value elsewhere? Other dealers, CarMax, etc…

Our dealer discount would be 7650$ before incentives/trade.

Yeah, trade-ins were actually worse at Carmax plus the car has some minor damage (small dents). Audi has been an absolute nightmare (car has left me stranded on the highway 4x’s…) and to be honest I just want to move on from working with them!

You should quantify the damage by calling Audi for a lease-end inspection.

No selling dealer is doing you a favor by taking your trade. They are going to profit from it one way or another. You need to know whether returning it to Audi and paying the charges then getting a clean deal on a new car is a substantial savings over one commingled transaction

1 Like

If you sell your trade in privately you’ll easily get another $5K for it. You’re not upside down on it so there’s no need for you to trade it in.

We can do 11% off instock units until month end.