Deal check: Audi A5 lease, too high?

Hello! I am currently in the market for a new car and have been looking at the Audi A5. I am based in SoCal. Here is the deal that I have gotten so far:

2023 Audi A5 Prestige
$61k msrp
Discount: $8k
RV: 55%
MF: 0.00245
$2500 Due at signing (drive-off cost)
monthly: $700+tax
Mileage: 12k per year

Wondering if this is a good deal or if I could do better? Definitely seems to me to be on the higher side and at this price point, I wonder if I should look into the S4. Dealer says its easier for him to get a deal on the A5 approved than the S4 premium pls currently even though S4 premium plus has similar MSRP to the A5.

Wonder if I can get a better deal with MSDs? Any input/more talking points would be greatly appreciated!

With the state of the current market, not sure if it’s better to finance this car (wonder if i can sell the car for higher if I do decide to buy it out at the end of lease) or just carry on negotiating the lease.

Are there any incentives?

Often the Audi Premium Plus trims are better leases than Prestiges. (You may have already checked.)

You need to know what MF they’re charging in order to know if it’s marked up.

MSDs don’t make a deal better, because they have nothing to do with the sale price of the car. MSDs reduce the cost of the rent charges you pay to the lessor, which isn’t the same thing.

Base MF on the S4 is 0.00262
Base MF on the A5 is 0.00155

Would be harder to have an S4 lease make sense with the higher MF, would be a better purchase. A5 numbers look right after plugging in the edmunds lease calc

Would ypu be willing to consider a premium plus? The rv is 2% higher than prestige.

If you are getting base MF without any lease incentives, then that’s a 13% discount off MSRP. Do you have Audi loyalty?

Seems like a decent deal. Find out the MF, you could lower your lease payments with MSDs.

MF is 0.00245. Yeah was wondering if MSDs could help lower monthly payments and by how much? How does that process usually go?

Updated the MF on the main post.

I do not have audi loyalty

the premium plus offer I got was about $40 less per month I believe, $2350 drive off cost. Not too much of a difference I would say

1 Like

Go to edmunds and request the base MF for your zip code , make and model of the car you want, & miles requested, and months of lease, then compare it to the MF you got from your dealer. Then you will know for sure if its marked up or not.

MSD will lower your monthly, just tell the dealer you want to put up max amounts of MSDs that you can and then request the new money factor.

Thank you! I just requested it and waiting to compare! In this situation, would I be better off in the long run to just end up financing this car? I’m trying to make the best financial decision possible keeping in mind the long-term value of the car.

Sure.

Depends on the difference in the rate for lease vs. finance.
How many miles a year do you believe you will be using?

And to answer your question, besides for costing structure, only you could answer if you want to buy it and keep long term. Leasing is easier to get rid of when the term is up and you are the type of person to need the latest and greatest. If you don’t need all that, it could be a good fit for you as this is a great car if well maintained.

This is what I got when I asked for the MF and RV:

.00205 MF and 55% residual

I had a c300 for 5 years before this that I bought as a CPO with 33k miles. I drove that for 80k miles until it was totaled. I would say I drive between 10-12k miles a year. I am not usually one to change cars often but if there is a good deal, I would 100% jump on it and switch cars. I guess in the long run, I am trying to see it makes sense to pay about 27k for a car that I potentially might not keep. 2 years ago I would think that’s nuts because a used car would hold its value better and was cheaper but with the current prices of used cars, I am more inclined to perhaps just go for a new car in the lease/finance option. I currently don’t have concrete numbers for a finance but I would ask the dealer to see what he can do.

Looks like they marked up the MF a bit.

Yes, get the finance rates.

If this is being offered to you, take it. Even with the marked up MF it’s a fantastic offer. Structuring it on my screen it’s roughly -$6300 with .00245. Do you qualify for private incentives, military or something not shown here? MSD’s would save roughly $40/mo.

1 Like

This is not the time to find those deals. Which is why you won’t find them.

No haha I meant if I found a deal when the market comes down eventually. I know no one can predict the future but I would hope for the market to kinda stabilize at the end of this year or perhaps the next year

@clb1997 - If you have Penfed, that’s an additional $1,000 off the selling price.