Deal Check / Advice- 2024 Volvo XC40 Recharge Single Motor

Tried this in another XC40 Recharge thread but that was for MY23 and maybe I’ll have better luck here:

I have been looking to try and get the long range/single motor in either the Plus or Ultimate trim but it seems like the dealerships know they are scarce and are not budging on pricing whatsoever. What should I be looking for when trying to deal down this vehicle or am I just realizing that it may be out of my comfortable price range (near 600 total per month)? Located in SoCal. Here’s an examples of offer we had to walk out of:

2024 XC40 Recharge Single Motor, Ultimate Trim:
MSRP: $60,900
10k Miles
$3000 DAS
$731 total/month
Residual $31,059
Money factor .00187
*had $11,750k off for EV discount, lease specials, and Costco, but they added $1,180 in dealer add-ons that they only knocked off 15% and wouldn’t lower anymore.

I’m waiting on an offer sheet from a different dealer for the same vehicle but in the Plus trim in hopes of getting a better deal but the MSRP on that one is only $59,650 ($1250 difference) with the same discounts. Is there any way to get this to as close to 600/month with tax included or is that just unrealistic thinking? Thanks!

Mission Viejo made a deal on a 2023 for me, but that was because the car was in lot.

I show their 2024s Singles are still in transit and they don’t need to ‘deal’ on a car that hasn’t arrived yet.

Even if there is, why would you pay that much for a subcompact 2WD EV? Especially when so many EVs have been on fire sale this year?

Yeah, we we’re told the 23s lease a lot better, but we really want the longer range on the new models.

This single motor was on lot but they seem to hold the leverage on price since they feel they will get someone to pay the large monthly on them right now while they are coming in.

We really want the the 2WD because of the significant range increase from the AWD. We got a quote on an AWD but it was significantly higher. We’ve had trouble finding a close to luxury or full luxury EV SUV that isn’t crazy expensive.

Any recommendations on what EV would be a better compromise at value/making a deal?

As always, the best hacks rely on stacking as many rebates as you can on top of discounts, often based on eligibility such as loyalty/conquest, Sam’s/amex, Costco, etc etc and MSD or one-pay.

Check the Marketplace for EQE/EQS, Etron Q4, ID4, iX, Genesis etc to see which one meets your personal situation the best.

Mind sharing what they deal they gave you on that 23? I see a 23 loaner/demo available in my area and wondering how low I can get the car since it should be heavily discounted.

About 2 weeks ago I leased a 2024 XC40 Recharge RWD Ultimate trim in Florida. I got a similar deal. I only did the lease deal to get the $7,500 EV credit and will buy it out in 24 months. But I did get the exact same money factor of .00187 which is 4.49%. I remember the GM telling me that for some reason the money factor for the AWD was more than double the rate of the RWD. That’s probably why the quote on AWD was so much higher. The Plus trim is not worth it since they are preinstalled with a bunch of options that puts the price close to the Ultimate. I think for now, the only way to get it below $600 is to find a dealer to reduce the price by another $4k (which isn’t realistic) or put down another $4k

The volvo xc40 was at the top of my list for the last few months, I had an offer a few months ago from local dealership that was the base model- sub $500/month tax included and $1500 down, with costco cash, volvo loyalty, and military, I didn’t pull the trigger due to my solar install being delayed. Fast forward to November and I call dealership back and they laughed at me and said that deal was gone and they wouldn’t come close, was shocked at the rudeness.

I started looking and somehow stumbled on the audi q4 etron, MSRP $61200 and $499/month (all inclusive), with taxes and dealer fees DAS ~$2500. I love the car and am happy with the price, I feel like a better negotiator could probably do better, but must say the guys I was working with were very straightforward and super easy to work with!

Can someone share this dealer info with me? Thank you!