DEAL CHECK: 21’ MB GLA 35 4matic

What’s your opinion on this deal? Do I have more room?
Trying this again after verifying with Edmunds forum. I would appreciate any tips on this front.

Mercedes-Benz GLA AMG® GLA 35 SUV AWD 4MATIC®

MSRP: $54,740

Sales Price: $49,740.00

Monthly: $641.37

DAS: $2,500 (1st month + Acquisition fee $1,095.00 + Up front charges $810)

MF: 00161

Residual Amount: 29,042.00 quoted from deal
Based on Edmunds RV is 51% which is 27,917

total cap reduction: 1,047.83

Terms: 48 month/ 12,000 miles per

Prepaid maintenance package of $1610 is included in the monthly

Others: Credit Score 760+ MB Tire 1 - I also have fleet program discount through my company / Second Mercedes lease

Unknown/estimated values here always make me question. Have you verified rv/mf/incentives with edmunds? Have you verified that the dealer is offering the same?

Edmunds doesn’t find any information on this model/ VIN # :neutral_face:

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding you deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post of the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

1 Like

There’s no way there’s a $5k incentive on a 2021 GLA35.

3 Likes

Thanks for suggesting Edmunds. I surely didn’t do my homework. I will update the post once I hear back.

That was an error on my end.

Based on Edmunds forum response looks like rv is less than what the dealer quote = %51 vs %54 from dealer.
The money factor seems about right. In terms of incentive there is $750 dealer cash available which I might be able to ask them about. With all that said what is the forum opinion on this deal and payment amount?

You can message me for program info.

@Calvin.MB can also help you in your area with a great deal.

Did Edmunds give you the numbers for 15k miles and the dealer for 10k miles?

If there’s a discrepancy here, you need to figure out why.

Monthly payment is an irrelevant number. You need the inputs, not the outputs.

The mf is either correct or it isn’t correct. There isn’t a “closeish so it’s good enough”.

If it’s different because it’s marked up, then you will need to adjust the selling price for the mark up so that you can properly compare the offer.

They are both for 12,000 miles.

Makes sense. Thanks @mllcb42

A discount of 10% on a GLA35 is pretty average. This is a hard to find/popular vehicle, usually not alot of leverage. I would drop the pre-paid maintenance, otherwise payment seems competitive with other GLA35’s deals I’ve seen. Overall, it’s not a great lease, I would probably finance given these terms, but on target for this vehicle.

Do you think over 4 years maintenance would be cheaper paying out of pocket? I never understood the reason of buying it but also never paid out of pocket for any Service A/B so very unsure.
This charge is $1,610.00 for MB PPM 3 years

Do you have an offer sheet from the dealer? If they’re wrong on the rv, their offer is meaningless. Did they make the offer this month or did you get the offer previously?

The offer is from two days ago.

Ah, the ppm. That’s where the difference comes from. MB residualized the ppm, so your rv is 51% of msrp + ppm cost.

Also note that they’re including the lease cash in your discountm

Hey! I believe that the seller of the car must write to you the Vin code of the car. Moreover, they must write that the car’s Vin code has been checked and indicate on Epicvin. This is not classified information.