Deal Check: 2024 Wrangler High Altitude - one pay/$604 effective

Checking on a one pay deal for a 2024 Wrangler High Altitude. The calculator link is here:

Calculator Link

MSRP is $70,750. I have $14,500 in incentives. I also have an affiliate code (Tread Lightly). I adjusted the calculator discount until it matched the one pay quote they gave me, which comes to about 4.5% off MSRP.

I’ve found larger discounts from out of state dealers but after shipping, they net out to the same. I’m not sure if I should be expecting higher discounts from NY-based dealers.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I should add: the worksheet I have from them says “Electronic filing” as $389 (I put this under “government fees” in the calculator) and “Doc fee” as $175 (I put this under “dealer fees” in the calculator). The worksheet doesn’t separate out the acquisition cost when giving me the 1-pay so I left in the calculator’s SFS default of $595 for that, but I might be misunderstanding how that works.

Why are you guessing? Ask the discount before incentives and the MF. Is this better than Ninja’s Northeast dealer after counting for his commission?

1 Like

And try to get a TDM code. It has been working lately.

I have a TDM which is included in the $14,500 of incentives above. I didn’t know Ninja had a NE dealer, I thought just further away - thanks!

As someone who has one of these I am not sure this by any means qualifies as a $600 a month car. The hybrid is clunky and has had on and off check engine lights since new. At $400 a month I get it, but at $600 its a lot. You open yourself up to way better cars. I just ordered one for my friend in PA and its ~3-4% below invoice, they didnt have one she liked on the lot. Just as a devils advocate on this one, def push for more discount.

1 Like

Also FYI a loaded Sahara will lease much better than a HA. (I agree HA looks better but you can probably save about $200)

I definitely appreciate your input and advice, and I know you’re being helpful, but I haven’t seen that a loaded Sahara can save anywhere close to $200/month over a HA, at least in all the checking I’ve done and quotes I’ve gotten. The MSRPs end up about the same but the HA has a higher residual. I’ve consistently received quotes and provided target deals for both HAs and for loaded Saharas and have never seen a difference like that.

It’s definitely possible I’m wrong or not looking hard enough, so I’d love to know more. Are you using recent data? A loaded Sahara is $69,000. I don’t think a $400 with $0 DAS lease in a high tax state like NY is happening (except maybe in very rare circumstances?) on that with current incentives and the market, but again, I could definitely be wrong!

Last month Ninjas FL dealer had $420 tax included 24/10 SFS $70k Sahara 4xes. This number was with $1,500 loyalty but without $1,000 TDM. $15,500 in total.10% off after deducting the high dealer fee. Idk if the programs are better or worse this month.

NY would be a little higher since you get taxed on the full amount I believe.

I’m not exactly sure but wasn’t that with like $4k or $5k DAS?

Only first month.

Wow. Maybe it was someone else then that had a high DAS. $3.5k CARB did go away though and programs are generally worse as well.

I think they advertised with higher DAS with lower monthly but when you adjusted to only first month DAS that was the number.

Makes sense. The 4XE and the gassers are piling up so it seems like they will have to get these moving somehow.

The prices have steadily increased on these and will continue to do so as long people continue to buy (and they are doing so, considering it’s the best selling hybrid in the country). We can go back and forth on how expensive Wranglers have gotten but it has been proven that feature for feature they have merely kept up with inflation from fifteen years ago. ZERO chance you’ll find a loaded 2024 Sahara 4XE for $400 with zero due at signing, or $450, or $500. Those days are over and aren’t coming back in the next 6 months. Just the way it is.

This is my experience as well. With today’s programs and market, even if you qualify for enough incentives and have a TDM to get up to $15,500 in incentives, you need to be at 10% off MSRP to get to effective $500/month. The absolute max I’ve seen is 8% off, for dealers outside of the northeast. 8% off MSRP with $15,500 incentives already gets you to $550: Calculator link

Need to have it shipped? Add another $30-$50/month effective.

This isn’t as true now that the HA programs are similarly incentivized to the Sahara programs.

You get the same incentivized MF, a higher RV with the HA, but less overall incentives than the Sahara. Works out to be almost as good.

Thanks @mllcb42! l I’m also trying to figure out if the current month’s programs are great or if it’s worth losing them and waiting to see what February brings. I can’t imagine February would be dramatically better than what’s already on offer though. Obviously nobody can predict the future.

With interest rates expected to drop, I doubt incentives will go higher than December. May be a limited special for a particular trim but I don’t see anything else happening any time soon.

As @harrydogyo said, Mitch @ Ourisman will do 8% off invoice on Wranglers on the lot (maybe not a 392), and many others are doing +/- 8% or so percent off invoice on an order (or maybe in stock) as well:

1 Like