Deal Check: 2024 Volvo XC90 Recharge Ultimate

I received this deal for leasing a 24 Volvo XC90 Recharge Ultimate 7str, fully loaded. What can I negotiate to get a better deal?

I have an A-Plan Elite and Affinity code totalling $1500. Plus Loyalty of $1500. Will those bring down the numbers even more? Waiting for dealer’s response to break down what’s included in sales price and adjusted cap cost.

I have never done MSDs before - should I consider it? Dealer has offered 10MSDs ($10,500) and that brings the monthly payment down to $1049. Doesn’t seem that great a savings for putting so much money out the door. Is it?

The Lease Hkr calculator rates don’t match with what he sent. Especially looking at the monthly cost. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any help, thank you! I’m still learning, please be kind to me.

36 months 12k/yr
$0 drive off no money out of pocket
$1120/month
Msrp: $90365
Selling price: $74000
Res: $53315.35
Factor: .00326
CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 9.5000%
Rebate: $ 2,000.00
DRIVE OFF: $2,009.09
ADJ Cap Cost: $75,080.00

Incentives on Volvo are untaxed in CA. Just an FYI

You subtracted the 7500 from the selling price AND have it in the rebate line effectively counting it twice…

I’m sorry what does this mean in relation to the numbers above?

Oh! I had selected $8k lease bonus as well. I see that now. Thank you for catching it. Now the monthly payment on LH calculator come out to $1146 vs dealer $1120. I like his monthly number better, but what doesn’t match?

his drive off is 2k yours is 1146

You move some of this 18% off ($7500)

Into this line

That way you know how much real discount the Dealer is giving you vs what Volvo is forcing the dealer to give you. At a Min the $7500 goes untaxed

If this wasn’t a Volvo (say a Hyundai), that $7500 goes into the TAXED line and you can lose up to 10% ($750) in taxes. Volvo is one of the nicer ones to make it untaxed.

Wow, thank you for teaching me! Are bonuses like loyalty and affinity also untaxed?

So, are you saying that I should add $10500 of bonuses back to the selling price (ie, selling price should be 84500), and move $10500 to untaxed incentives?

$10500 = 8000 Volvo lease bonus + 1000 affinity + 1500 loyalty.

If I do that, the monthly comes closer to what dealer is giving me, $1120.

So now you are getting 6% off…Wow they giving you affinity and loyalty. I wish I had loyalty when I got mine.

6.5% off is about right for the new 2024 West Coast, maybe ask them for more money off…lol
Ultimate MF should be 309 so they are baking some profit in there.

LH calculator and Edmunds both state money factor for this vehicle at .00326 (= apr 7.82%). How did you get m/f of 309? Are we talking about the same thing?

I never imagined a day when I see a $90k Volvo and the lease at over $1k. There is so much fun at $1k+

1 Like

You are right, I forgot this is a 7 pass. 6 pass is 309.

I’m not good at understanding many social nuances, so forgive me. What do you mean by this statement?

I think he’s saying for $1000/mo there are better options….could be wrong though.

FYI I believe the deal will be significantly better at 24 months vs 36

1 Like

There’s no break at 24, so it makes the payment worse.
There’s a HUGE break at 48, though, makes payments $400 less. (or at least that’s what Edmunds says)

Based on what I’ve seen in the marketplace, I don’t think that’s accurate

From Edmunds
@monuk Can you confirm this? If so it’s potentially $5k less payments. Or is just an error on Edmunds.

24 is higher based on the same numbers as @thevolvoguy did

Interesting. I’ll definitely find out. Thank you for additional data points. Can’t hurt to find out; I’ll report back what I get!

1 Like