DEAL CHECK: 2024 Mercedes-Benz C300/4Matic

Hi Hackrs!
Hoping to get a POV on a deal for a '24 MB C300/4M that I am considering.

I asked for 11% off MSRP (pre-incentive) + incentives/rebates ($2k in loyalty + $500 fleet), max MSD’s, 36/10, first month DAS.

Here’s what the dealer came back with:

I’m about $10 off on the LH calc. I’m assuming that’s b/c the calc doesn’t factor in the first month payment? (Am I correct?)

They didn’t share the actual selling price or the MF, and the residual value is off by a small amount. Was hoping to reverse engineer the calc to figure those things out so when I go back to the dealer I’m in an informed position.

Based on what I’ve seen, I think this is a good deal. But just want to make sure that I’m getting what I asked for.

This would be my third lease purchased with the help of the LH community. Couldn’t’ve done it without you all!

Thanks again!

Helms bros?

No sir. Can’t apply MSDs in NY,

Reason i asked, the spreadsheet looks the same when i was shopping around for my eqe when i stopped by helms

1 Like

Aren’t better equipped 2023 E350s leasing for less?

Possibly :grinning:, but I’m not interested in the E at this time.

Is this a demo? I recently leased a demo for roughly this payment 59k msrp, $0 DAS. AMG package and exclusive line

Not too long ago i was offered a 2024 honda touring for just a little less than what they are showing you for a C300, i know its two totally different cars but just amusing that some hondas now are being priced as high as Mercedes!

No, it’s a new model that’s on its way to the States. :ship:

Very true. I looked at a Civic Touring for a family member and it wasn’t that much cheaper.

People will pay more for a friggin’ Fiat 500e than for a EQS, if they choose a non-hackable car over a hackable one.

A civic touring i believe is around 500-550 and if you arent savy with leasing im sure the sales guy will get them for 600 to 700!

Ok, I received more information from the dealer, which makes this all the more confusing to me…

MSRP: $57,585
Selling Price: $52,500 (8.83%)
Loyalty: $2k
Fleet: $500
Final Selling Price: $50,000
Residual: 61%
Residual Value: $35,276
Max MSDs
MF: .00161
First Month DAS
Monthly: $662

With the exception of the pre-incentive discount (I asked for 11%), the numbers check out. But when I plug these numbers into the LH Calc I’m getting a much higher monthly (by $30). What am I missing/doing wrong?

I have another deal in place for a slightly cheaper car ($800), and at a 10% pre-incentive discount, otherwise same terms, and it is only $5 cheaper per month.

Further complicating this, the deal is based on May and could change in June (when the vehicle gets delivered). Am I not able to lock in this pricing? Any suggestions on how to further negotiate this down?

Probably a higher MF which is why higher discount by itself doesn’t translate to a better lease

What’s buyrate on these?

They both have the same pre/post MSD buyrate (.00201 / 0.00161). Car is ~$800 cheaper, but higher doc/gov fees.

I’m still baffled by the $30 difference between the LH numbers ($694/mo) and the dealers numbers ($662/mo). Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Few things:

1. Your RV is about $150 less
  2. $0 DAS means sign and drive, not first month due at signing.
  3. $2500 incentives seems like its untaxed.

I got the calculator to match exactly if the above three are adjusted. The main issue was first month due at signing vs $0 due at signing (which is what your calc had).

EV Discounts don’t translate the same to ICE discounts. Apples and oranges

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s not really relevant to their ICEVs.

1 Like

If you want a car now you can present the deal to another dealer with a car you want in inventory and try to get them to match. Im not sure how you can use the fact that programs will change as a negotiation point

Unfortunately, as I tried to continue to negotiate the deal further, the dealer responded with a generic “We are sorry that we were unable to help you with your most recent automobile purchase” form letter… So feel like that door has been shut. Bummer, as I really liked the build and it was pretty unique. So now I’m in a bit of a scramble mode to find something else. Fun times.
Anyways, thanks for all the love and support!