Deal Check 2024 Lexus RX 450h+ NV, Plan to buyout ASAP

If you didn’t pick up car usually you can still bsck out of deal.

Are you saying that the buyer would be on the hook for the full interest charge over the 36 mos even if bought out early? Also, why are you backing out tax - is it your way of offsetting interest?

Make sure you qualify for the credit if you decide to buy. Otherwise, it’s way too much money for an RX.

Doesn’t seem like you did much researching for this deal, you joined on Dec 10th-should’ve posted before signing, there’s plenty of brokers in the marketplace here that have Lexus in their portfolio, hope you can get your deposit back and have @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto help you out. Do read the articles on the main page for leasing 101 etc.
If you don’t qualify for the IRS tax credit, then leasing and buying out is a better choice even if fees are calculated.
You were vague in the “shipping out of state” , which state is this from??? If a neighboring state then $1300 may be a lot, I shipped a Wrangler from Louisiana to SoCal for less than that, as a comparison :+1:

EDIT: Also, why not a 350 or 350h for less $$$, probably hold better value at resale too

2 Likes

Unless you plan on keeping this long term, why not lease something like an XC90? Way cheaper.

The $7500 credit is only available if you Lease. This vehicle is built in Japan so does not qualify for the $7500 tax credit. Shipping was from an unnamed state to NV. Pretty sure it was from Newport Lexus in CA. The VIN came up on their location when I searched the VIN. Almost purchased a Premium Plus 350h, but decided I wanted the Luxury model to get some of the features. Similarly equipped it is $10k more for the 450h+.

The $7500 credit is only available if you Lease.

Was trying to do something like this guy just did.
This was a post from another forum/website.

I had never leased a car before and only did it to get the $7.5k credit. The lease terminology and numbers are, in my opinion, more confusing than a regular purchase.
I knew there was about a $900 charge for the “lease setup” which would lessen the overall benefit of the $7,500 credit. However doing the lease saved me close to $6,200. Here are the numbers:

If I did a regular purchase, which would not have gotten me the $7.5k credit, I think it would have cost about:
MSRP $63,600
9.25% sales tax $5,883
License/reg $750
TOTAL $70,233

My actual out-of-pocket cost to own the car by doing the lease (to get the $7.5k credit) followed by immediate lease payoff:
Lease buyout: $58,875
DMV fees/tax: $5,175
TOTAL $64,050

The difference is $6,183 , which is the savings from doing the lease (with immediate payoff) versus a typical purchase.

Edit: The difference in what he did and mine, is he had the cash to pay it off as soon as the deal showed on the Lexus financial site. He said it took about two weeks. I will have to have credit union pay most of it and have to wait 45 days per their rules.

I’m also wondering the same thing how buyout price is calculated. At least there are conflicts information in different thread like https://www.reddit.com/r/rav4club/comments/1717ooq/comment/k3s6yyu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button and people sharing experience with lease immediate buyout Ev 1-day lease buyout - #2 by cruiserchuck

I guess it might depend on the banks?

I always have kept all my vehicles long term. Right now have a 84 Camaro, 2001 Chevrolet Silverado, 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, all purchased new. This Lexus RX 450h+ (Plug in Hybrid) I plan to keep at least 10 years. It is for my wife. She wanted a luxury vehicle.

I am going to ask Lexus financial for a payoff amount tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it works out.

This is not correct at all.

On an early buy out, you do not pay any of the unearned rent charge. Your buyout is not the residual plus remaining payments minus tax.

3 Likes

Your immediate buyout is approximately the adjusted capitalized cost on the lease contract.

2 Likes

On the Lexus website, the RX 350h starts at $60K. The 450h starts at $70K.

I literally checked off every single package and a la carte option that didn’t result in a different trim level being selected, and I got $65K.

How did you option a 350h to $80K?

A 350h Luxury with the same options comes up at $67,275.
The 450h+ is only available as a Luxury. Same options as on the 350h, $75875.
$8600 more for the 450h+ PHEV.

Ah, I misread your other post.

So, if a similarly optioned 450h is at least $10K more, why do you want the 450h? Do you plan to charge the RX every day? If not, it doesn’t really make sense to get a plug-in hybrid (so why not save $ and get another type of RX?).

Yes, the PHEV has approximately 37 miles of range on battery. This vehicle is for my wife.
Her commute to and from work will be all on electric. Have a level 2 charger installed in the garage ready to charge it back up. It will do a full charge from empty in 2.5 hours. Her commute is only 20 to 26 miles depending on the route she takes. So should charge up in less then 2 hours. With the $7500 rebate it will only be about $3k more.

Just checked-RX 450 Hybrid for North America is made in Canada…not Japan, forgot about the new rules-since it doesn’t qualify, then leasing it and buying out is the way to go. I suggested the 350 or 350h because it is a bit cheaper. They definitely overcharged on the shipping if from CA, my Arizona Jeep and Charger Hellcat was gonna be $600 from Phoenix area, but I flew in and drove them back (450 miles)

From what I have see the 350h is made in Canada. The 450h+ are all made in Japan. My VIN Starts with JTJ.

Called this morning. It is a little less then the capitalized cost. Asked what it will be after the next payment and it will be less.

1 Like