Deal check -- 2024 Kia EV6 Wind AWD

First time leasing! This is for a 2024 Kia EV6 AWD, 36 months, 12K miles. Got quotes from three local dealers. First two use the same residual & money factor:

The 3rd dealer only gave me:
MSRP: $56,285, S/P: $56,285
W/ 2,000 cash only + $7,500 federal tax credit
You may qualify for up to $1,300 in additional rebates
Residual: 0.57
MF: 0.00179
36 x $628+ tax

but he also ignored my email so this is for only 10K miles/year so not directly comparable. I’m surprised that the 3rd dealer had a much lower MF but seems to be making it up with the lower residual.

From other forums, it seems that lots people are immediately buying out their EV6 leases, owing to the high interest rates they’re paying. The question for you all is: are these reasonable leases and should I plan to immediately buy out the lease (which I’m able to do)?

From what I gather, if I’m going to buy out the lease, it’s best to have a high residual value and the MF does not matter too much.

Note that I’m not sure where they got the 9.75% interest rate (Zip=95616) as I find 8.25% for my address.

Thanks!

Horrible, people are getting this for an EV6 GT, and you wanna pay that for a Normal one?

4 Likes

I have an offer from a dealer in ID who can do the GT for 575mo including all fees and 10.3% tax based on 10/24 with 1K down. So your payment will be cheaper considering your tax rate.
They will not arrange shipping but can refer you to a shipping company.
Let me know if you want their contact info.

1 Like

Check out marketplace section. There are at least 2 brokers from CA that offer Kia at much better prices.

2 Likes

And an Ioniq 5 is even cheaper, should the OP consider what is structurally almost the same car underneath.

Makes sense that people are getting deals on the GTs. The EV6 Wind AWD is the sweet spot in the EV6 lineup with decent range (282 miles) and a heat pump for winter range efficiency. The GT would be a fun car but is pretty impractical. I’ve been monitoring the local dealers and the same set of GTs have been sitting there unsold for several months whereas the other models are selling.

I have looked at the Ioniq 5 a while ago and the lease was a lot more than the EV6. The $7,500 off both cars (only if leased) makes it seem like a good deal at first but apparently they play with the MF & residual to make up the difference? Was figuring that I could mitigate the high money factor by buying out the lease ASAP.

I’ll check the marketplace. Am also looking at Teslas…

ID4 is a comparable car and is $250 less per month then this quote based on the marketplace.

They won’t do deals outside Cali.

That means theyre using a different bank.

Who “they”?
Original post tagged as CA-NorCal. Thus suggestion to go to marketplace and look for brokers in Cali. I know there are a few who offer EVs there.

1 Like

I’m looking for an EV that does well in winter driving (AWD and heat pump) and works for long-distance trips, i.e., charges quickly and has good range. The VW ID4 is a nice but is not well suited for my purposes. The 2024 ID4 addresses some of these issues but is not for sale yet.

Currently, the Hyundai Ioniq 5/6, Kia EV6, or Tesla Model 3 & Y seem to be the best fit.

I have no experience with brokers. I’m having a difficult enough time getting info from dealers. Not sure I want to complicate things further by having a broker involved. What are the advantages?

Everything is pre-negotiated. There’s no work for you to do.

1 Like
  • They give you a price, you give them a Color option.
  • Some Brokers deliver the car as part of their fee.
  • Never see a Dealer or a GM and never even see the Broker (If delivery)
  • No unneeded talks with Finance about addons.
2 Likes

I get up to 180kw charging on mine. My RWD with snow tires is an absolute tank. It’s just you have the Ioniq 5 that’s the direct competitor. Not having a heat pump is disappointing but really only accounts for a 10% range hit in my opinion. Does the Audi Q4 have a heat pump? Maybe look at that …

Range is a real issue when you’re driving an EV in the winter. You’re already suffering from a big drop in range from the cold temperatures. Losing another 10% owing to lack of heat pump or larger wheels can make or break you when you’re trying to get to the next DC charging place.

We drive to Tahoe to ski which makes AWD a necessity. CalTrans is crazy about making people put on chains with a few millimeters of snow on the road. AWD gives you a pass on the chain requirement. Not sure about the Audi Q4 having a heat pump but there’s a good chance any Audi is out of our price range.

The ID4 is greater then 10% more efficient then the Ioniq 5 / EV6 but to each their own … Good luck on your car search! Hope you find what you are looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.