Deal Check: 2024 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Red Color

, ,

I wanted to check if this is a good deal. My first lease. It’s a 2023 Kia EV-6 GT-Line - Red Color. This is in the Denver Metropolitan Area. Attached is a screenshot of the quote below.

It’s for a 36-month, 12,000-mile/year lease.
Money Factor: 0.00153

Asked them to reduce the selling price to $53,000 and they said $54,999 was the best offer they could do.

I asked to break down the first payment as I said I wanted 0 down. They said that the DAS is what they are showing in the quote. Below is what the salesperson emailed me when I asked about the down payment. Am I missing something here?

“The $1625 = Dealer handling $799.50 + acquisition fee $650 + $404 first month payment = Some of the discount rolls into that lowering the total to $1,625 instead of $1,853.50”

Thoughts? I’ve been watching a lot of videos and reading here on the forums. So learning a lot but what to check if this is a good deal or not?

You live in Colorado?

Yes! Denver Metro Area.

With $5,000 down payment from the state you should be able to do better.

Search the forum for CO deals this year.

So they have included the CO rebate as part of the total rebates. Federal 7500 + Colorado 5350. Are you saying I should get a better deal in the sense a better dealer discount?

Your dealer discount is about 7.5% off MSRP. Have you reached out to other dealers? I have no clue what inventory looks like in your area, but I would recommend shopping around.

1 Like

Might want to check out neighboring states.
I live in WA and local dealers wanted at least $700/mo for a ‘23 EV6 GT.

Found much better offers in OR and ID.
The best one was 480/mo with 0 DAS for 10/24.
And we don’t get any assistance from the state.

I have reached out to multiple and am waiting on quotes from a few of them. Some dealerships said they could shave of 50-100 dollars but nothing significant.

I have asked a couple of dealerships to see if they can get the selling price down to 53000. Which would put the dealer discount at 10.8%. I know it is very subjective but at what price point would you consider it a good deal?

Got this deal from another dealership after shopping around.

Have asked them to increase the Term and also remove accessories. Hoping it would work out.

1 Like

Why?
How does that benefit you?

Have originally asked for a 36-month lease. They gave me the quote for a 24-month lease. Sorry new to leasing but I am under the impression that it’ll cheaper monthly payments if I do 36 over 24.

Please let me know if I am missing something and 24 would be beneficial over 36.

I am trying to get the numbers to work but cannot seem to get the numbers right for the life of me.

Don’t know what I am doing wrong.