Deal Check - 2024 Jeep Compass Limited - $475/month

2024 Jeep Compass Limited
High Altitude Package
Elite Group High Altitude Package

36 months 10k miles/year

$475/month $2000 DAS (1st month, acquisition, gov’t, and dealer fees)

MSRP - 42660
Selling Price - 37600

11.86% off MSRP

$2000 lease incentives

MF = .00059
Residual = 50%

8.875% NYS Sales Tax rolled into payments

Good deal?

With that residual, the deal will never be good on this car. Since they killed the Cherokee at least they put a turbo in it. Effective $538/mo for a Compass seems pretty awful, have you considered other vehicles?

2 Likes

Got a comparable quote for a Mazda CX5 Turbo Signature AWD - 477/month with 2000 DAS. Looked at the Kia Sportage X Line Pro Prestige and that was 549/mth with 2k DAS. NY dealers haven’t really been negotiating anything. Another Jeep dealership nearby wanted mid 500s for this same car. Car is for my wife and she likes the Jeep Compass.

$475 for a discontinued compass? Get a Kia or a Hyundai instead

The Kia leasing numbers aren’t economical right now. Very high MF. They want in the mid 500s for a comparable car. They won’t come off MSRP at all. The Compass isn’t discontinued.

If you do go with the Compass, don’t put any money down, especially with that low MF. EV’s are the deal right now.

Isn’t Hyundai offering 0% APR on the Tucson and Santa Fe?

I’m struggling to understand how this Compass quote is appealing in any way. It’s a total of $18,000+ to rent this car, return it and most likely spend $19,000+ on the next one. So $37,000+ spent over the next 6 years to rent a car that cost around the same. How did that benefit you financially?

I never put money down. Just the doc fees. The charging infrastructure isn’t good near me. Very few public charging options and I rent so I can’t charge at home. Trust me if I could I would. I got a great deal on an Ariya but it just doesn’t make sense for me.

To finance those cars it would be upwards of 500 or 600 a month and I don’t have money to put down to lower that. I understand the benefit of financing rather than leasing but I don’t have the monthly money to do it.

You can get a GC 4xe lease on marketplace for a similar for better price. Much better vehicle. I’m not sure the appeal of this over the Mazda, personally I wouldn’t go for this vehicles so it’s hard to say it’s a good lease deal when a GV 4xe or 330i or top trim Mazda are similar prices. I’d definitely recommend looking at used gas Grand Cherokees or Cherokees as well as Acura RDX that can be had for cheap.

My brother has a 4xe. He pays over 500 a month and it sits in the shop because Jeep hasn’t figured out the hybrid engine yet. They have massive problems with the electric motor. The Mazda is comparable. A 330i won’t work because my wife needs an SUV. I don’t want to get something used.

I mean if it’s what you want just get it, don’t listen to us. Personally I would never pay 6k+ a year (pre taxes and insurance) for a compass, but if it’s what you want and can afford go for it. You probably won’t get a lot of tips on how well it can lease here because it is generally considered a bad lease, but if it works for you that doesn’t matter. Maybe worth reaching out to some of the Jeep brokers on marketplace to see if they can beat the offer at the very least.

(I don’t think that segment of car is great, but if I’m going for something in it it’s the CRV/R4P/Mazda/RDX/Cherokee. I imagine you mostly don’t care why I think though).

I would rather saw off a couple of toes before paying $530 effective for a Jeep Compass. I would implore you to check out a bunch of different options and find some you like better. It should not be too difficult. Come back with a few that you like and we can help you get the best deal. Given your affinity for the dated Compass, you may like the Toyota 4Runner SR5. With a broker (or similar deal structure), you should be in the ballpark of a Jeep Compost, with worlds better quality and vastly superior value retention.

You’d have similar payments as the Compass lease on a Mazda CX30 Carbon Edition financed at 0% APR for 60 months.

One car would give you around $12,000 equity while the other gives you zero.

4 Likes

Constructively, the case you’re making here is that the reason you need to overpay for transportation is that you don’t have enough money. This is a self-perpetuating cycle.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have a lot of money and won’t consider used also which is what he really should be doing…ugh. Sounds like paycheck to paycheck…hope he is investing something in retirement…

We don’t have to delve too deep into their personal situation but I agree with @trism about breaking a self-destructive cycle.

It’s possible to finance a brand new car in OP’s budget; it’s the cycle of rapidly replacing one brand new car with another that is hurting them.

Eh, when people put it out there they have little money available but yet don’t want ‘used’ they need alternate advice to a 500/mo lease obligation on a ‘meh’ car. Most likely to be ignored anyway. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.