Deal Check - 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL AWD

Hey there i’m in the Boston area, this is the deal i was negotiating with a local Hyundai dealer for an Ioniq 5 AWD with an MSRP of $52,900.

They were offering $358/month with $0 down and all fees and taxes wrapped into the lease. $10K lease cash plus the $3500 More EV Rebate. It’s for 36 months and 10K.

Residual of 59% and MF of .00179. First payment due at signing.

I was going to shoot for $350 but wondering if i can do better?

I think the best is 24/12 k residual wise on SEL

1 Like

This is correct, it goes from 59 to 70 (and raises the MF too) but shaves off $35/month in payments

Hyundai is doing a huge push on the 24’s before the EOM

What discount off MSRP would you need to achieve that payment?

One thing i guess --is the $3500 rebate only available on 36 month

2 Likes

not 100% sure – but based on messing around with calculator i think it would be about 6% off MSRP

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Hyundai&miles=10000&msrp=52899&sales_price=49672&months=36&mf=0.00179&msd=0&dp=0&dealer_fee=200&acq_fee=650&disp_fee=400&taxed_inc=13502&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&gov_fee=0&sales_tax=6.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&tradein=0&fin_sp=52899&fin_taxed_fee=0&fin_untaxed_fee=0&fin_term=60&fin_apr=1.85&fin_dp=0&fin_rebate=0&fin_ps_rebate=0&fin_tax=9&keep_term=60&exp_rv=0&service_fee=0&monthlyTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&lease_result_mode=true

Looks like you are a little over 3.5% off MSRP + $13,500 in rebates. That’s not bad at all for MA.

Having shopped MA and NH dealers for an Ioniq5 recently, I can tell you that it is going to be tough getting dealers to even come close to 5%+. However, you can always make them an offer and see if they meet you halfway towards the end of the month.

Is this an in-stock or incoming unit you are looking at? Most MA dealers I reached out to earlier this month did not have that many Ioniq 5s in stock.

Isn’t the SEL kind of neither here nor there? It’s only got a few features over the SE.

Save money with the SE or get some nice features with the Limited.

1 Like

Limited is nearly $60k. Not sure if it is worth the nearly $8k in price difference compared to the SEL.

The SEL has some additional features over the SE, such as:

• Heated steering wheel
  • Wireless charging (for supported devices)
  • Power liftgate
  • Hyundai digital key
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
  • Parking distance warning - forward
  • Highway Driving Assist 2 (HDA 2)

Source: 2024 IONIQ 5 SE | Trim Features & Options | Hyundai USA

I have been researching different trims and programs for the Ioniq 5 for a few weeks now. IMO, you get the best bang for the buck with the SEL trim. Since it is under $55k, it qualifies for the additional $3500 MA EV rebate (as long as it is leased for at least 36 months. It is also works on purchases).

SE seems waste. SEL is ok with better features and LE has ventilated seats and bose sound as additional features.

There is no LE it’s Limited, they don’t call it a Limited Edition, just Limited
Limited has 360 Camera (Surround View) and Digital rearview mirror as well.

There’s also the DPE (Disney Platinum Edition) but that’s just crazy.

Looks good, especially on a 24 awd. They removed two big things, at least for me, on the 2024 SELs - rear vents and synthetic leather, but it still has some pretty important things over the SE like power liftgate, built-in garage door opener, and support for digital key.

The rear vents on the 23 SEL doesn’t really push a lot of air in the back anyways, but it tricks the kids into thinking that they have a/c back there. The synthetic seats are nice, especially since they’re spill resistant. The cloth seats on the 24 SEL, if anything like the 23 SE are cloth and synthetic leather. It’s not bad. It’s probably not as spill resistant, but the cloth is pretty slick, slick as in it looks like spills would slide off, not like slick nice. Anything oil based will probably stain it, whereas it would just wipe off with some leather cleaner on the synthetic leather - this include pizza stains.

Thanks so I signed deal at a different dealer today after negotiations got it down to $343 a month for 36 months/10k.

2 Likes

Congrats! They removed some stuff from the 24 SEL, but it’s still a nice car. Plus for the 24 models, I see mostly RWDs being offered. The AWD is fun.

2 Likes

@cdogstu999 - you mind sharing your numbers. Looking to replicate this in MA. Mind sharing the dealer ?

here you go. quirk hyundai in quincy MA

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Ft2a9kmfz0spc1.jpeg

1 Like

@avpvr - Good luck working with Quirk. The most they were willing to offer me was $1500 off on the same trim as OP. They initially offered $1k and then the sales guy offered an additional $500 to close the deal. I passed on it.

This was my strategy:

Determined the car I wanted and the terms I wanted ($0 down, all costs/taxes wrapped into the car). Settled on SEL AWD.

Called one dealership (Mirak) and asked for their best price today, that I was willing to make an offer. They said they could get to about $358/month with nothing down.

So, I emailed two other highly respected dealers and said I had a deal with Mirak for $343 (a little bit of a white lie)…could they match it.

One said flat out no way-- $360 was the lowest they could go.

Quirk told me it was aggressive but could match it…that it was a money-losing deal for them (not sure if this was a lie?).

So, my recommendation—grab a figure near mine if that’s the trim you want, call or email a few dealers, tell them you have a deal in place with XX, and just want to see if they can beat it. I said I would rather work with them because they were near my house, but you can try to sweeten them up a little if you want; it probably won’t matter.

3 Likes

Congrats! So this is a 2024 SEL AWD?

What was the DAS?

$13,500 rebate included $3,500 from the state?

Yep SEL AWD. Only the first monthly payment $343 DAS…

The car is amazing. Cannot recommend it enough.

1 Like