Deal check: 2024 GLE 450e

Deal check on a GLE 450e
MSRP 90,875
Sale price 87,875

EV rebate 7,500
Amex rebate 3,000

Lease quote: 1400/month, 36 months, 4000 down, 50% RV.

Thank you

That’s the easiest of hard passes. Not because you’re a terrible negotiator but because the programs are terrible. So you’ll keep getting terrible quotes no matter how hard you try.

There are some cars to lease, some to buy, and some neither.

3 Likes

You’re going to be like 400/m less with a XC90 Recharge Ultimate if that is something you would consider? But yeah I honestly agree with the Max

1 Like

Thank you for the Reponses.
Would it make sense to Finance this ?

You’ll need to do a lease initially to get the $7,500. Then, I think it depends on what quote you’re getting from your bank or credit union to buy out your MBFS lease and switch over to financing.

Unfortunately interest rates continue to be high on a loan, so the 0.0029 buy rate lease MF may still be the same equivalent cost of funds as a loan.

The other problem with a loan/financing is that your monthly payments shoot up since now you’re making principal payments to build equity in a depreciating asset. So you’ll have an opportunity cost of that extra monthly payment to a loan.

The problem you’re facing is that a brand new Mercedes GLE 450E is expensive, and there aren’t any existing clever ways to make that brand new car “cheap.” Leasing and taking on a loan are just ways to get access to a vehicle. Your behavior and willingness to live with an older vehicle will ultimately be the way to save money with this type of vehicle.

If you’re near Cincinnati, they have 2 low mileage GLE 450E that will be worth considering to save some bucks. You have room to haggle both of these down a few grand. I didn’t check the CarFax on these, so I have no clue how they’re 2024 but already used.

1 Like

It does but you also have to compare against the GLE350.

Even with the 450e’s rebate it’s not necessarily a better buy than the 350.

1 Like