Deal Check: 2024 BMW iX xdrive50 lease in Oregon

, ,

What’s the pre-incentive discount?

Nothing, but over $16k in deductions.

No, there are definitely two distinct things that are being commingled there.

Discount from the dealer.

Rebates from the manufacturer or bank.

He’s getting about 7-8% off and buy-rate, which from a dealer very close to him is worth it given that his other options are going to be way out of state and incur broker fees and shipping, he actually has a really solid local deal on the table here. Is it as good as it possibly could be? No. But it’s blood from a stone at this point given the external factors. OP shared the deal with me, I would take it.

1 Like

BMW of Portland currently runs a Black Friday ad until end of the month.
10% off on all in stock cars. They have only one 50e left.
I can DM you the ad if needed.
Kuni was also willing to match 10% off an iX.

2 Likes

Their web site shows they have 43 available. Where do you see they only have one?

One in stock, others are in transit, they won’t honor the ad on cars in transit.

Got it, thank you!

A BMW is running an ad for legitimately 10% off MSRP in dealer discount? I’m pretty sure they’re not even allowed to do that…

1 Like

That’s exactly what the ad says.

It’s probably an email blast — there’s some trickery in the guardrails but the main thing is it generally just can’t be on the main dealer page.

It does sound like it’s one of those two good to be true deals.

Yep, an email promo.

You’re negotiating against yourself now?

Offer 10% off at buyrate MF, obviously before all incentives, to every dealer in Oregon.

And allocate DAS monies to maximizing MSD, first.

2 Likes

I see it more as a monthly budgeting activity. Sure you could take the higher payment and use the money in the bank to help make the higher monthly payments. But how many people see a large amount in their bank account and blow it on something else? Probably better to use the cash for MSDs and treat it like a 3-year CD that pays you back a little every month and have a payment you can comfortably live with. I think there are too many people who take a high car payment then can’t qualify for a mortgage.

1 Like

Does it make sense to do MSDs if the iX is being made available at 1.2% (0.0005) ?

PNW sucks when dealing with a dealer !! Even best broker deals are available to folks in Texas, North East and California.

Why wouldn’t it be? The savings as a dollar amount is roughly the same whether it’s 1.2% or 2.2% or whatever.

3 Likes

If one puts down MSDs what happens: (all questions are in context of dealing with BMW FS)

1. If your car is totaled ?

2. If you want to do lease transfer ?

3. If you want to buyout your lease midway (before official end date) ?

Under what circumstance will you loose it – either whole or a chunk ?

1. you would get the money back

2. you need to get the money from the person taking over the lease as part of the transfer

3. you can either apply it to the buyout or get it back.

Mostly you lose it for causing lease end damage, lose a key, etc, something you would have to pay no matter what.

Would you concur with this @IAC?

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds about right.

1 Like