Deal Check - 2024 Audi Q8 etron Launch - Never leased before and this seems off

Life long Audi driver/family. Contacted 3 dealers and this is the first dealer to actually provide something in writing. Where would you go from here? Only want zero down, first payment/plate is okay, but not interested putting any money down on the car.

36mo/10k
15,500 incentives
MF .00235
53% residual
zero % chance I’m keeping this car after lease

Getting $1167 with calculator.

Thanks in advance.

Terrible deal. Not even 2% discount. You should be aiming for 10%. Also, buy Audicare to bump up the RV by 1%.

1 Like

Id lose this dealer’s number, work out what the lease should be, and then make offers to other dealers based on that. There is no reason to ask a dealer how much they want you to pay.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Already lost, thanks. Was hoping for a better experience at this price point and being a life long Audi owner, boy was I wrong. Absolutely awful experience so far.

1 Like

wow what dealership is this so I dont go there, im looking for the exact car ( Premium Plus )

Did you expect the dealers would give you a better deal because you were an Audi guy? Probably it had an opposite effect.

2 Likes

Also remember the premium plus has a way better residual than the prestige/launch. Go find my P+ deal - 670/mo after tax with Audi care (2900das). The terrible discount plus bad residual and a marked up money factor are making this deal stink to high heaven. Buy rate is 00205 I believe.

1 Like

I think Audi MF is regional. Ask at Edmunds.
But IL is 0.00235. I think MI too.

This very well May be true

Correct, see my deal thread. Basically some northeastern states have 0.00205. Everywhere else is 235.

Did I get bait and switched on my lease earlier this year? This is/was for an audi lease 36mo. I finally went and did the math after seeing other lease deals being offered lately.

I was shown a worksheet by sales that had-
Net cap ~$47k
Residual ~$31k
MF 0.00362
Base payment $737

My lease agreement from finance has-
Net cap ~$51k
Residual ~$31k
Rent charge ~$11k
Base payment $845

The increase in net cap was due to some add-ons I got.

If my MF was 0.00362, it seems like my Rent Charge should be closer to $8k (51k at 8.69%APR)

At the time, it was 7-8pm and I needed to get home to my family so I didnt break down the math right then and there. I just assumed I was getting the 0.00362.

Am I missing something?

Net rent charge = 36 * (adj cap cost + rv)*mf

Comes out to about $11k

Thanks for the reply. So i was calculating the loan interest the wrong way. You cant just do a 36mo loan with the APR since that calculator assumes you pay it off to 0.

This link explains it. loans - Why is the money factor defined the way it is? - Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange