Deal Check - 2024 Audi Q8 e tron Premium Plus vs Prestige | NC

, ,

Hi all, first time poster/leaser. I’ve got 2 competing dealerships competing for their respective cars - I believe both are good, LH score seems to be 9+ on both. There is a little smoke and mirrors with the trade-in and some numbers with dealership #2, but I have MSRP, details and out the door price on them both below and they both have the $7500 Audi lease bonus and $2000 Costco applied to them for rebates. Not sure if I’m doing this right, but I’ve tried to follow the instructions!

Q8 e tron Prestige
MSRP: $87,185
Selling Price: $73,218.05 (after rebates)
Final Price: $74,215.05 (after door edge guards, nitrogen and tint)
Fees: $2,278.22 (Tax, Doc, Govt, Acquisition)
7500 miles/36 months
Down: ~$5k ish trade (2021 base Porsche Macan with 20k miles on it, owe $35k)
Monthly: $725 after tax (no MSDs)
mf - .002
Residual - 56%

Q8 e tron Premium Plus
MSRP: $83,785
Selling Price: unsure
Final Price: unsure
Fees: unsure (Tax, Doc, Govt, Acquisition)
7500 miles/36 months
Down: ~$4k ish trade (2021 base Porsche Macan with 20k miles on it, owe $35k)
Monthly: $665 after tax (no MSDs)

Obviously like the Prestige a bit better, but I like the idea of saving $60/mo and not have massaging seats or the HUD. What do y’all think before I pull the trigger on one of them this week?

What’s the highest bid from all the buyer links in the #wiki thread?

I’ve seen everything from $31k (Truecar) to $37k (Webuyanycar) to $42k (Carvana and Carmax), so I was willing to do around $40k. Needs tires and only has 1 key, which knocks it down $1-2k I suppose as well.

With Audi’s the Premium Plus will typically always lease better (higher RV). So unless you just have to have the Prestige features the PP is the way to go.

Also don’t forget about Audi Care as it bumps your RV by 1%, so your cost ends up roughly half.

Also standard car shopping advice, but it’s always best to separate your trade from the new car deal, at least at first. This way they can’t use the smoke and mirrors with the numbers like you described.

1 Like

Buy a key or ask Carvana how much they deduct.

AFAIK their pickup drivers don’t check for tires

So Carvana might still be your best bet.

Or leverage their bid to get the dealer to match.

Do you have a firm offer on the Macan from either dealer? $40K in trade seems high to me, but take it if you can get it. Given that the Prestige is only costing $60 more a month, it looks like the much better deal than the unknown price from dealer #2. Add Audicare to get an additional 1% residual bump. You should also push for an 8% discount prior to rebates given the $1k dealer add-ons.