Deal Check 2024 Audi Q3 (help!)

Help!

Total newb here. First lease. Looking for feedback.

Model: 2024 Audi Q3
Trim: 45 TFSI S line Premium Plus
Packages: Black Optic + 20" wheels + Audi Beam Rings

Term: 36/10k
Residual: 67% (including 1% bump from Audicare)
Depreciation: $15,439
MF: .00347 (atrocious, I know)
Tax: 7%
Down: $0

Here’s what’s listed on their breakdown:
MSRP $46,785
Discounts: $4,360
Rebate: $2,000
Selling Price: $40,425

$1,099 Audicare
$895 Acquisition
$799 Processing Fee
$92 License
$133 Business Tax
$517 Tax (very confused by this)

Total Purchase: $43,735

Monthly payment: $650

Does this look right?

Please post your best attempt at a calculator.

1 Like

This is pretty close. Audicare and processing fee as “dealer fees” since they are not residualized. Lic and Bus tax as “govt fees”

1 Like

Yeah it looks like this is pretty darn close.

I guess what threw me off was that originally they quoted $3,453 for tax but now it’s listed at $517 which seems both incorrect and a little sketchy. (This should actually be somewhere around $1,500 at 7% tax rate, right?)
So $2,936 of the “additional discount” I thought I was getting is actually just unnecessary tax that disappeared from the breakdown.

Thank you so much for the calculator!

Dealers get taxes wrong all the time on first pass quotes, don’t let that bother you.

Your tax is 7% of the monthly payment amount, charged each month, so you would not have an upfront 7% charge for $1500. Just ask the dealer to clarify what the $517 tax is for, could be tax on the incentives (but seems high) or something else.

I’m in TX , so our tax is calculated different than yours. I would just ask for clarification on the tax.

At least the calculator is within a few dollars of what you were quoted. You’ll probably not get it to line up to the penny.

OP, does Audi offer MSDs? Maybe that would be of particularly use in this situation?

True! Going to ask about it now to get some clarity.

Honestly I did a lot of lease research but that is one thing I don’t know much about.
Glad you mentioned it! After a quick search it looks like they do, so I’ll ask the dealer about it. Would love to lower interest if at all possible.
Trying to negotiate down to the base .00307 MF I got from Edmund’s but they aren’t wanting to budge from .00347.

Will do! Definitely don’t want any last minute surprises if they have the taxes wrong.

Have you priced out a Q5? I just finished a Q3 lease and ended up in a Q5 which I found is cheaper to lease right now than the 2023/2024 Q3’s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.