Deal Check - 2024 Acura MDX Base FWD

Hello Experts,

I received this offer for a 36/12 lease on a base model 2024 Acura MDX Base FWD with a $51,645 MSRP. I am in Georgia and the tax rate is 6.8%.

This was my ask:
Qualify for $750 conquest (own 2019 Volvo XC90)
Selling price: $47,513
36mo / 12k miles
MF .0012
-$750 conquest
Due at signing: First month + fees
Roll taxes into monthly payment
Residual is 58%

This is the offer I received:

They are adding in a $695 “dealer addon” that is * $695.00 Protection Package (All Season Mats Cargo Tray Splash Guards) * Should I be adding that to the MSRP or Selling price?

Here is the LH Calculator where I tried to make his numbers work but I am off a bit. Are they cooking the MF a little? Should I take this deal?

Isn’t an XC90 lease a better deal with Loyalty?

Check the Marketplace for both

It would be but our XC90 experience has not been a good one so Volvo is off the table. I appreciate you calling it out though and should have mentioned it in my first post.

I didn’t know they have FWD MDX. That’s kind of an oxymoron.

I agree with looking at the SHAWD if you’re looking at an MDX.

I also don’t understand how you benefit from paying ~$25k total to lease something selling for $46,750 plus tax?

What’s a pro pack?
Aim for a 10% to 12% discount.

Thanks all for the feedback, it is appreciated.

I am in Georgia where it has not snowed in three years, will I benefit from an AWD car? It does not seem to affect the residual.

The Pro Pack is a protection package added by the dealer: $695.00 Protection Package (All Season Mats Cargo Tray Splash Guards)

I probably shot myself in the foot with this dealer only asking for 8%. I will check with a higher volume dealer nearby to see if I can do better.

1 Like

Yes, pretty much every time you merge on to a busy street from a stop sign.

Torque steer and wheel chirp get old real fast.

2 Likes

I’m in GA as well and leased an '18 MDX. There is a night and day difference in handling between the FWD and the AWD version. It is not just snow. It rains a lot in GA and if you’re up in northern Atlanta, it is full of rolling hills. The SH-AWD will pretty much eliminate torque steer/wheel spin and make the car feel a lot more nimble than it is. It is a no-brainer to buy the Acura MDX with the AWD.
In fact, Acura should stop making FWD version of the MDX.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.