Deal Check: 2024 430ix Coupe

If anyone thinks they can do a better deal I would be happy to make it worth your while. Or find me a COMPARABLE car for a better price. I’m all ears.

I leased my last car for $300/month in 2020. This is a new world for me lol.

3 Likes

Such wonderful help from all those continuing to give their unmatched insight and pro advice to OP with respect to looking at different makes/models and swinging a purchase over a lease.

Apparently this comes right from their own yet to be published, Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman-like financial and “key to life happiness” playbooks, but still they continue to completely ignore what OP actually said:

This isn’t really that difficult.

1 Like

Trust me I have considered all options. Financing, cash, and extending my current lease which I have already done once. However, I just don’t see the point in buying a car honestly. We don’t have to debate why here but it’s not something I believe in doing at the moment. With that being said most people have told me that this car doesn’t lease well, several brokers included. I have entertained and test drove other cars. I have considered waiting for prices to go down. But from all the posts I’ve read I think you have all agreed, that’s not happening anytime soon so here we are.

I haven’t signed the deal yet while I can afford it, I understand this isn’t a M440i or S5 for which this payment would be a “steal.” I come here and read/research daily, hoping to snag a “hack.” I’ve considered loaners and even thought about biting the bullet on an EV hoping that I could find a working charger when I need it. So here we are. I’m thankful for all the input as it places things into perspective.

Please really do take me up on my offer if you are able. I would love to find a comparable car or even SUV that leases better. I’m open to options because in the last 6 months. I have really found any. Just know I’m picky about my specs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just the corporate sales program, 12k miles, 36 months.

The $1949 is for the fees: Acquisition Fee, doc fee, title/license

Then what does the due at signing include?

I can’t be 100% sure since I’m not the sales person in question… but

The $3k DAS (excluding the first month payment) is the primary component of the cap cost reduction of $4,500. There’s a $1,500 rebate filling the rest of the cap cost reduction.

Lol I just read through this thing in more detail. Unfortunately this thread was so bad it had zero meme potential and I was too busy looking for a $79.9k Tesla and missed this.

44 replies from you all and not one of you helped @TRN95 about this mystery cap cost other than to have him ask the sales guy?

BTW, to vouch for @IAC_Scott … he’s active on other automobile forums. He’s far from the “gaslighting” type. The people he helps get into nice cars are almost universally happy for his help.

And he’s usually the most calm/professional person. When he has the opportunity to bag on dealers or the slimebags in the industry, he choses not too. Let @TRN95 get the car he wants man. He’s in Indiana… it’s rough getting BMW deals there.

4 Likes

Yea that’s what I’m getting too looking at it. The sheet is a little confusing for me but it seems that this is a downpayment of 3k plus first months payment. And the taxes and fees are rolled into the payment. I’ve been playing with the calculator but I haven’t been able to get the same numbers. Maybe that’s why. I told them specifically 0 down. I’ll call them tomorrow and gain clarification.

Is the $1500 the corporate sales discount?

And yes deals have been rough here. I’ve been trying out of state deals with no luck outside brokers.

I do understand what other people are saying about the deal but are there any deals to be had on non EV’s right now? How much can I blame on inflation? I want to stick to the German luxury segment but BMW is the only one I really like. MB is nice but there are no deals. Audi wasn’t really my thing and the deal wasn’t much better.

Lol you told them $0 down and they put $3k down hehehe. Sounds like a normal sales tactic to me.

BTW the $1,500 could actually be $2,000 if you have loyalty. TBH I don’t see how they get to $1,500 on a lease unless you’re military or have some or Employee spiff.

@IAC had a nice 440 convertible (probably not an X though, so that won’t work in Indiana) the other day for like the same terms as what you’ve got on this sheet (about $3k DAS IIRC). Maybe they can help find a car and export/ship it up to you

TBH I don’t think your quoted deal is terrible for Indiana standards (I used to live in South Bend and briefly in Bloomington; they don’t sell many BMW in your neck of the woods).

We were pretty close to getting OP into a build (and actually have an allocation) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You didn’t read carefully. They were several meme-worthy posts and several others that should be required reading for LHers for their profound and sheer awesomeness.

I didn’t think it was too bad either but I don’t come from the days where LH scores were 8 and above. I figured I’d ask people who see a lot more deals. There aren’t a lot of deals to compare to when it comes to the 4 series either. I knew it was too good to be true when it came to the dealer. I thought I lucked out on being able to drive and go pick it up.

You should consider this irrelevant, shipping is just another total cost to consider if you don’t want to drive a few hours for a deal.

Well it was fairly close but they also said they were structuring the deal differently too when I spoke to them. So all in all it seemed like I could get a better payment with similar terms to the allocation I was presented with. I wouldn’t have had to wait on a build or pay for shipping…or so it seemed. And it had all options I was looking for aside from my exterior color. I’ll see what they say in the morning but I doubt they will discount the car anymore and I’m not putting any money down so….

So if you are OK with paying $250 more a month than you would on a 330i, just do it. You don’t even know what the dealer add-ones are for your deal, but they are costing you an extra $60 a month. I suspect some of it is the acquisition fee and other dealer fees.

That is a lot of money per month for a vehicle that is not much different from the 330i, but if it makes you happy, go for it.

If you are not putting any money down, where is the $4500 cap cost reduction coming from? It looks like only $1500 is from rebates.

1 Like

Yes I’m aware that they have similar specs but they look different to me. I’m not sure what everyone wants me to do. I got the same thing when I was looking at the X5. “The x3 is similar and cheaper.” The specs may be similar but they are different cars.

I know that a lot of people here are about getting the best deal and I care about this too, hence why I bring my deals here to you guys. However, I want to be excited about the car I drive. I WANT TO LIKE THE CAR AND THE PAYMENT not one or the other. Every broker I have spoken to has recommended the 330ix and I have considered it heavily. Every time I drive by the dealership I pull in just to see if I’ll start to like it.

1 Like

Lol people who meme need to link back to the thread that spawned the meme. So yeah… I think we all agree Max is a major buzzkill.

1 Like

My favorite one is “you’re gonna spend insert random amount here and have nothing to show for it” lol

2 Likes

@TRN95 - :point_up_2::point_up_2:

OP could easily confirm this. I see a $1500 loyalty rebate mentioned on Edmunds.