Deal Check: 2024 430ix Coupe

I remember when this forum criticized anything under an 8.0 leasehackr score.

Yes if it’s the car someone’s loves they should get it over another car they don’t want - doesn’t mean they have to lease it brand new or avoid helpful suggestions or alternatives

Last I checked this was leasehackr not brokerhackr.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with people critiquing deals, nor do any of these posts effect my business, I am just tired of it on a personal level, we get it, “most cars don’t lease well”, but some people don’t care, they just want to lease their car and be done with it.

Short of something egregious like a 50k car that you pay 40k for on a lease, we don’t need to keep doing this routine over and over again. Some people want a certain car and they want to lease it, and we can objectively say XX% is a good deal, whether or not the car is a perfect candidate for leasing is another matter.

OP clearly wants THIS car, and he’s going to be saving at least 200/mo thanks to this forum.

Last I checked this was leasehackr, not personalfinancehackr

3 Likes

This right here. Half the people who post here do literally zero research and are married to a base model car without knowing what else they can get for their money. The question of “are you sure you want to pay this much for this pos car?” Is tired because it’s the right response to about 50% of posts.

Sounds like OP has done their research and he’s not in the category above. But with a payment like that and this being a forum dedicated to lowering TCO, it’s not unfair to post questioning whether it should be leased or financed.

2 Likes

Then I recommend buying it via cash or the best captive or CU financing you can find.

1 Like

I think for most people who come on here and ask for advice, it’s also personalfinancehackr. Not everyone is married to the car like OP is and I think being able to help them realize there are better options if they aren’t, is a good thing.

You clearly missed the announcement that this site is indeed dedicated to personal finance hacking of many types, not just leases. Or did you not frequent the site before 2021?

I agree but unless an OP says otherwise it’s still a fair assumption that they don’t know jack shit. Again this doesn’t apply to OP.

For example the deal below from a really great broker around here. Shouldn’t someone be aware they can save $200 by driving the same car with 2 extra doors? I’m in love with the Raptor R but I happily drive my $340pm Nissan Frontier and pocket the rest of my money.

2 Likes

Oh wow you totally owned me on a technicality, I’ll leave now.

1 Like

You replied to the wrong person.

No, I only want to lease, not interested in financing or buying cash.

1 Like

Then there’s not much you can do here, just lease it.

2 Likes

“Last I checked this was leasehackr not personalfinancehackr”

The biggest benefit of a lease to this forum is getting value for your money on German leases or stupid cheap Japanese/american car leases, which admittedly are the old days - long gone.

What makes this place special is that it is not like r/askcarsales which you seem to be a part of, and not r/personalfinance either.

It is VALUE for your money

Whether it was 30k/60k/or even 100k+ car.

That’s why there is a leasehackr score - to make sense if it is a good lease or consider financing/buying it.

We aren’t expecting all cars to have 10 LH score as the standard anymore, but getting below 6.5 LH score on a “basic” car (non exotic) is objectively bad

“ Leasehackr is a community-powered resource dedicated to car leasing and automotive financial literacy. ”

Automotive financial literacy - which is why this isn’t brokerhackr

1 Like

You keep throwing up this straw man as if no one will see right through it. The OP’s deal was egregious enough. Could it have been much worse?

Oh we’ll keep doing this “routine” as long as sales people in the industry insist on gaslighting consumers.

Ok look through the Marketplace and take the best deal.

Nothing more to add. GL!

Then just lease it.

You did your research and check the marketplace and the broker to compare your deal against and if they beat it go with them.

Enjoy

I don’t necessarily disagree with you @giveleaseplease

I do it all the time, I’ve prevented plenty of people from making stupid financinal decision, but still while respecting the boundaries of what they want.

How about this?

I think there is a better way to handle it than a snide “how does leasing an xx,xxx car for xx,xxx benefit you”? Which by the way, I like this newly invented rule where we go off of selling price and not MSRP.

If you’re going comment this on every BMW/ICE post basically, let’s at least get a new one of your template posts going that’s HELPFUL.

It comes off as rude, and if you truly want to help newbie’s, I think they’ll be better helped by a post explaining the TCO and that there are other options like traditional or balloon finance versus just “lol why are you leasing a 40,000 car for 20,000”.

3 Likes

Yea, he could have paid 1,000/mo for the same exact car because he didn’t come on here and do his research and figure out what a good deal on a lease is for this specific car.

2 Likes

If anyone thinks they can do a better deal I would be happy to make it worth your while. Or find me a COMPARABLE car for a better price. I’m all ears.

I leased my last car for $300/month in 2020. This is a new world for me lol.

3 Likes

Such wonderful help from all those continuing to give their unmatched insight and pro advice to OP with respect to looking at different makes/models and swinging a purchase over a lease.

Apparently this comes right from their own yet to be published, Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman-like financial and “key to life happiness” playbooks, but still they continue to completely ignore what OP actually said:

This isn’t really that difficult.

1 Like

Trust me I have considered all options. Financing, cash, and extending my current lease which I have already done once. However, I just don’t see the point in buying a car honestly. We don’t have to debate why here but it’s not something I believe in doing at the moment. With that being said most people have told me that this car doesn’t lease well, several brokers included. I have entertained and test drove other cars. I have considered waiting for prices to go down. But from all the posts I’ve read I think you have all agreed, that’s not happening anytime soon so here we are.

I haven’t signed the deal yet while I can afford it, I understand this isn’t a M440i or S5 for which this payment would be a “steal.” I come here and read/research daily, hoping to snag a “hack.” I’ve considered loaners and even thought about biting the bullet on an EV hoping that I could find a working charger when I need it. So here we are. I’m thankful for all the input as it places things into perspective.

Please really do take me up on my offer if you are able. I would love to find a comparable car or even SUV that leases better. I’m open to options because in the last 6 months. I have really found any. Just know I’m picky about my specs :sweat_smile:

2 Likes