Deal check: 2023 VW Taos S + Swap question

I just signed a lease for a 2023 VW Taos S, in Austin - Texas, in bit of a rush, very good deal I believe, however the Taos have a very small console display, no wireless CarPlay (wired only), no auto hold break, and the body style is always pretty much the same in all Volks :sweat_smile:

[Deal link]

Is somehow possible, to transfer the deal to be able to shop a little more? There’s no return policy and I literally just signed 2 days ago, just wondering, thanks guys!

Have you asked the dealer?

I only asked if there was a return policy, and they said there was none.

There usually never is a return policy, but maybe you can work something out with them.

If it’s possible to somehow exit this lease, you really need to revisit your definition of a very good deal before you sign anything else.

You’re paying 56% of a car’s selling price over 36 months. On top of that, it’s a car that’s made you unhappy within 2 days because you didn’t do your research about basic specs and take note of easily observable things.

If you’re not sure of what’s a good deal and what’s the right vehicle to meet your needs, run it by the forum first.

3 Likes

They offered another car once this was literally the last one available, but with a increase on price, I just now noticed the Nissan Murano is leasing for a very low price, my credit score is 760 I already lease a 2021 Camry XSE for $299.

I definitely should’ve come here before signing it. I guess I’ll just accept the fact and deal with it for 2 years than trade in.

What are the main reasons you’re switching?

Wired carplay is better than wireless imo and the auto hold is not necessary unless you’re in constant traffic

If their offering another car to you take it if the payment works for you.

I needed the car for myself, once I gave the Camry to my sister, the CarPlay is no big deal, I have an adapter on both cars, I did shop for several other options and this was honestly the best deal, I just asked about the possibility of “swapping” the lease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.