Deal Check: 2023 VW ID4 Pro, RWD

, ,

Hi hackers,

I’m trying to figure out if this is a good deal or just kind of an okay deal. Have been emailing with a salesperson from a dealership that’s 15 minutes further away than the place where we test drove… (none of the dealers are super close if we need service in future; closer one is 35 minutes in traffic, this is 50 minutes…definitely would prefer closer one, obviously)

My intention is to lease the car and return, not buy it out, because EVs will be on a different charging standard in 2025 (though will those cars be for sale in late 2025?), and I’m hoping there will be more choice of moderately priced crossovers by then, too.

I have asked about MSD, one-pay and money factor, and he has ignored those questions. I’m not 100% clear whether he is including lease acquisition in the fees due at signing, but anyway, here’s what I know:

$45,290 MSRP
$39,981 sales price
$500 extra incentive
$7,500 tax credit in lease

I have numbers for both a 2-year lease, and a 3-year-lease, both assuming 10,000 miles a year (we drive 8,500, so I guess we’ll be leaving some on the table in residual… but interior may have more wear and tear since we have a 10 year old)

For two year–
residual: $27,174
$1,767 in fees and taxes and processing fee
$392 monthly payment

Seems like that comes out to a .00262 money fee? That’s a guess, since he’s not saying.
Your lease calculator says $524 effective monthly; actual price is $392. I THINK that includes the 10.25% tax each month?

Three year, residual is $23,098
same fees/taxes
$403/month
seems like that’s a money factor of .00216? But don’t know why a three-year lease would have a lower MF.
$491 effecive, according to your calculator

What do you think? Should this be what I ask the closer dealership for?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: VW ID4, Ioniq 5, Mach-E, Tesla Y