Deal Check - 2023 VW ID.4 Pro

I am trying to negotiate a fair price in Central Florida on an ID.4. I took a picture of the offer. They didnt have any Pro S models so I was not able to leverage the 13K lease cash. I still think they’re a bit on the high side. I know the picture is cropped out with the payment terms but the 3 down payment options were $0, 2K and 4K. I think the MF is a bit high and the residual isnt great as is expected on an EV. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Put your deal in the calc and post…much easier to review.

1 Like

Is it marked up or is that buyrate?

What does your target deal look like?

I dont know if I entered the numbers correctly as the monthly payment wouldnt be bad if the dealer didnt provide me with different numbers. I agree the MF is high and they quoted me the residual.

ID.4 Calculator

I agree about the MF. I asked about it and they told me that they dont set the numbers, its determined by VW. I don’t believe that. We didn’t get to the point of running credit so they may be spit balling.

My target deal is mid to upper 3s. Especially if they would honor the government incentives. It looks like they are tacking on their junk fees but they appear unavoidable although they did knock off $300 from those fees.

Have you searched this forum for other ID4 deals? Is 12% off MSRP a reasonable ask?

Your target deal should be rooted somewhat in reality with realistic selling price, DAS amount, etc…you are hugely off from getting anywhere near that in needing like 22% off MSRP to come close.

1 Like

Buyrate is established by VW, not the dealer. The dealer can mark it up though.

It is in your best interest to put a target deal together before ever talking to a dealer. That includes gathering the current lease programs, so you would know if the money factor is marked up or not.

There shouldnt ever be a situation where youre left asking these questions.

1 Like

Totally understand. I was going off the National Lease offer. It looks to be in that 22-25% range. Obviously the MF quoted is a bit marked up from what I’ve recently seen on the forum. This is why I was seeking advice.

People are paying less than this for 2024 Lucid Airs or the BMW iX in Private Transfers etc.

And way less than this for comparable cars like Ariya, Io5, EV6, etc.

Nope to get to your target you need 20%+ off MSRP before any rebates.

I was looking at 24s but 23s look like .0014 base MF.

Residuals are horrible too. Ugh.

That makes more sense. Historically, I don’t believe VWs have a lot of room to negotiate. Based on the current deal, they only reduced it 5.6%. Not really moving the needle. The vehicle listed is a 2023 so I was confused as to why the MF wasn’t .0014.

You can get a Tesla Model Y RWD for under $600/month. A few weeks ago I got one for the wife for $522.70/month effective. Picked up the car at Orlando’s Tesla showroom. No dealer games, no broker’s fee.
Down payment: $0
Due at Sign: $1,795.48 (1st month, tax and fees)
Monthly Payment: $486.34 (including 6.5% tax)

If you decide to go this route, please use my referral link so you can get 3 months of free Full Self-Driving and I might get some super charge miles:
https://ts.la/eliane162581