Deal Check: 2023 VW ID.4 Pro S

Hi, does anyone know if Texas taxes rebates and incentives? Is it only certain ones? I thought Texas only taxes the final selling price of the vehicle.

For context, I’m considering leasing a ID.4 and including the dealer discount, a first responder discount, and EV lease rebate and customer cash, I’d get about $12,500 off the MSRP. However, when calculating taxes, I’m not sure if I need to include any of these in the LH calculator as taxed or untaxed incentives.

Any thoughts?

Rebates are not taxed but the lender tax credit may vary between 1% and 3.125% depending on the model and manufacture.

So to clarify: the 7,500 EV lease bonus would be taxed, but the First Responder and Customer Bonus would not?

Rebates are not taxed. I was referring to the sales tax component post rebates being the taxable amount.

gotcha, thank you!

Hey all, I recently got this offer from a VW near me for a VW ID.4 Pro S (LG Battery)

It seems like the MF is ~0.00248 and they’re calculating taxes at ~ 1.25% (if you tax Cap Cost + Add-Ons + Doc Fees + Acq Fee)

Not sure on Nov MF but I think I saw 0.00182 last month? Try a 24 month since you’ll take the rebate over 24 months instead of 36. Also, move your tax and lease fees, doc fees, etc upfront, since there’s no point in rolling them into the lease. Push for 12%+ or more upfront discount. Someone else in “Shared Deals” got 13% but the dealer came back to him at end of month. Right now you’re below 10% there

The way that sheet looks, there’s no discount. Not sure what additional discount means, but whatever discount they are giving should be reflected in the “Sonic Price” line.

The MF is marked up too much. This month it is .00182.

I would at least target a 10% discount off MSRP before rebates, and deals posted have gone as high as 15% off.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.