Deal Check - 2023 Volvo C40 - 36 months, $0 signing, $499 a month?

, ,

In Oregon looking at a 2023 Volvo C40 lease – This would be my first lease and I can’t tell if it is a good deal.

Terms:
36 Months, $0 due at singing, $499 a month

I asked for the residual - the PDF I got a photo of is linked [PDF from Dealer] (https://imgur.com/nQRexCX) . I could be reading the PDF wrong but…

I believe the residual would be 53% but its titled L.E.V %
I believe the MF is .00096

Considering going to the dealer to sign this lease tomorrow, but its making me nervous, I don’t really understand the lease finances and really don’t want to be stuck in a bad deal.

With the $10k rebate this looks like a 4.7% dealer discount. How does that compare with other recent deals in Marketplace? (I don’t know anything about the market for this car).

The LH calculator would show you whether the MF is buy rate or marked up and available incentives if you were a Super Supporter, but absent that you can visit the Edmunds forum for this year/make and post a request for this trim. They’ll get back to you in a couple of business hours.

Also check Marketplace for similar deals in nearby states and see if it makes sense to have the vehicle shipped (or drive/fly and pick it up).

This isn’t based on data, it’s based on instinct, but exactly $0 upfront and a payment that’s $1 shy of the nearest hundred looks like a deal that would be presented to people who

Thanks for the response!

I did a bit more reading, and pre incentives I am only getting a 9% discount $58,640 vs $53,467. It’s a prior year model and these cars don’t exactly fly off lots.

I asked the dealer if they could do an initial CAP cost of $51,600. Which would be an additional 3% off - also talking with some others I think the fees look a little high - so need to make sure that is the just the dock fees and then the government fees

the key is to ask for a lower payment and down to stay the same.

Dealers can do a lot of weird things when you say ‘more msrp discount’ that you won’t catch afterwards (like raising the MF)

Brokers here are at 12% off as a point of reference, but the shipping to OR would make that a wash if you went elsewhere, but that’ll give you an idea of what’s possible.

good point. Looks like OP is pretty close to even vs if they hired a broker. I would still try and get another 1 or 2% off- never hurts to ask.

OP just be a little weary- finance is going to try to hit you on the back end with all the “extras”

I picked up a 2023 c40 ultimate with 1323 das+msds for $470/m after ca tax. Or about $437/m. I had 11% off msrp and 11k in incentives base mf. You should be able to get it about 30-40 cheaper per month. Try volvo cars chico in nor cal. They have a few 23s left. 0 back and forth and i got 11%off. I bet they might go as high as 15% off msrp to move the left overs.
Heres my calc.

No sales tax in Oregon - so there is a lot of incentive to buy from a Oregon dealer but this is a great reference thank you!

There’s another thread on here stating that 2023s don’t have lease support through Volvo Car Financial Services.

OP, do you know which bank the dealership is using?

It said VCFS

I would verify this before you waste anymore time on this

Interesting. There have been significant lease support for the 23s listed on many dealer websites and the Rates page here that are valid through Wednesday. Hopefully either lease or purchase incentives will be reissued for February.

I have no inside info. Here’s the other thread:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.