Deal Check: 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum (MSRP $53,310)

I was actually able to get the dealer down even more on the price.

MSRP: $53,310
Selling Price: $48,800 (8.5% discount)
Rebates: $800
Final selling price: $48,000
RV: 86%
MF: .003380
Monthly pmt: $472
DAS: 1st month + fees = $1779
Calculator is few dollars off but close: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I’m signing docs on Friday. I’m going to ask about one pay and MSD. At what point should I do that? Should I ask the sales manager before via email or should I wait until I’m with the finance manager doing the paperwork? Never done one pay & MSDs so looking for some guidance from seasoned pros!

Definitely bring it up now. It will take hours if not days for them to figure it out if they haven’t done it before.

Dealer said they are not set up for one pay. Is it dealer dependent or are they just lazy to do it? Also if they don’t do one pay, can I just ask them to put down as many MSDs as possible? I think you can do 5 without one pay.

Whatever reason they won’t do it, best just to let them know that’s the deal you want and move on. You can do MSDs only and it’s up to you to decide if the MSD only deal is worth it.

I mean this deal is worth it for me without one pay, just would be sweeter with it to lower the MF. The next best deal I got was close to $600/month for the same terms. Either way will go with this deal, but will just ask about MSDs.

Brand new here. I am myself interested in a Pathfinder SL, but if I could get a deal like this on a Platinum I may also go w/that. I’m fine w/ a 24 mo lease, 18 may be too short but worth considering.

So is a one-pay lease just like it sounds? You plunk down all the cash for the entire lease at once? If so let me clarify up front - I’m not as liquid as some of you. I don’t have that much lying around right now that isn’t already destined for the IRS or other concerns.

How does one do this? Can you actually negotiate residual?

I am finding that the best I can do per the Nissan website is maybe $550/mo with $3k due at signing for an SL (MSRP around 45k) on a 24 mo lease. I could swing that but it looks like I can do a lot better.

This deal you posted is a far better deal than that. Worse yet, the actual dealer websites are showing me more like $670/mo for the same configuration. I am really not sure how to even approach this, and the forum won’t let me post my own topic yet. I am in Maryland BTW. Where do I start?

FYI if I could be under $500/mo, <$2500 at signing on at least an SL trim, I’d probably run with that. However if there’s room to do a lot better, tell me how! My FICO is about 750 FYI.

No one is basing anything off nissan’s website offerings.

Your path of least resistance here is going to be to reach out to one of the many brokers selling these.

Part of the way theyre really cheap is by doing one pays and applying max msds. That does tie up a lot of capital upfront. It isnt as appealing of a deal without those thingd.

They are lazy or incompetent or both.

This is good deal but easily repeatable. I would recommend to walk away from the deal, hinge it on one pay and fight any sunk cost fallacy urges you maybe having. This negotiate dance will save over $1500+.

I suggest reading up on the resources here to learn how leasing works. For example, no you cannot negotiate residual values. You can negotiate selling prices, ensure that you’re getting all of the incentives and the buy rate (lowest) money factor, no mark ups on the acquisition fee and no ADMs.

The reason the Pathfinder leases are cheap is because the 18 month lease terms are most favorable. If you lock one up at 18 months, there’s a good chance that you can call up Nissan near the end and ask for an extension up to 24 months. That will end up being cheaper than doing a 24 month lease up front. And if you’re doing a one-pay, it would require less capital.

Good luck.

1 Like

How do I find one of these brokers? Am I doing the transaction through them, or are they simply acting on my behalf?

Which forum has “leasing 101“ type stuff? As I said, I’m brand new here.

1 Like

I reached out to 12 dealers in the MA/RI/NH area and no one has been able to replicate this deal, so not sure what state you can see it being easily repeatable. Yes doing one-pay plus MSDs would certainly save me money, but hopefully I can do at least MSDs. I’ll ask the Finance manager about both again regardless. The sales manager might just not know. If I pass and go to another dealer who will give me a monthly payment of $550 for example but do one pay & MSDs, I’ll essentially be in the same boat. I’d rather have a lower payment.

They have prearranged deals with certain dealerships. Youll interface with them and the dealer, but the deal will be squared away before you talk to the dealer, so no negotiations are needed.

Your getting a great deal. I got a Pathfinder Platinum a few months ago and it is very hard to find dealers that will do One Pay and MSD’s. It’s an amazing SUV compared to the competition.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Yes agreed. Definitely seems like a solid SUV compared to the competition. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

For loyaly, do you have to currently own a Nissan? Or does it work if you’ve ever owned one?

You need to currently own one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.