Deal Check - 2023 Nissan Ariya Engage e-4orce

Hi, looking some thoughts on this lease deal. I haven’t seen the breakdown from the dealer, so the calculator is my best guess on how the dealer is arriving at their number.

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State Region

2023 Nissan Ariya Engage e-4orce
$49,300 MSRP
$45,200 Selling Price

$11,705 Incentives
18mo/10k miles
$0 down payment

$276/mo (w/tax)

The dealer is telling me $323/mo with “everything already added in” which I take to mean they’ve capitalized the sales tax, but not including the fees, but I’m waiting for confirmation.

I’ve assumed, but haven’t seen paperwork, that they’re using the NMAC standard RV and MF for this FLEX lease.

Dealer has around $250 in add-ons (etching, etc…) that I’ll try to get out, but are included for now.

Calculator Link

Is CT not getting the $2245 east coast bonus?

This is the Engage trim so it’s $3205 for the east coast bonus, unless the you’re aware of something else.

$8500 lease cash
$3205 NE 18/10 bonus

$11705 in total incentives.

Should be $8500 Rebate, $1000 Dealer Cash and $2245 Engage East Coast, so you are off a few dollars then.

I’m definitely missing the $1000 dealer cash. For this Engage AWD model I think the bonus cash is $3205, not $2245.

I need to push back on the dealer for $1000.

Thanks for the feedback!

If you are in NJ, there is 0% sales tax on EVs.

Thanks, it’s CT so there’s still sales tax on the monthly payments (6.35%)

CT does have a $2250 rebate incentive program for which the Engage e-4orce is eligible (MSRP <$50k), but rebate requires a minimum lease term of 24 months.

NMAC’s 24 mo lease drops the RV to 55% and you lose the entire $3205 in lease bonus cash, so it is considerably worse.

1 Like

Hi All,

I have a contract in hand for a 23 Nissan Ariya EVOLVE+ E-4ORCE AWD.

$56,995 MSRP

$950 DAS
$299/mo (all-in)

The contract comes as a surprise because the dealer is not using NMAC as the lease bank, they are using a company called Credit Union Leasing of America.

I had to really push the dealer to send me the contract in advance, and we started at $299 DAS before two late adjustments on fees caused it to bump to $950, so I was already a little suspicious, and seeing an unexpected lender has thrown me again.

Any thoughts on this lender?

1 Like

When you want to return the car it’s more work than say NMAC.
If this is true I wonder if it will work on the West Coast.

CULA is a reputable lender. Not many dealerships (nationwide) have CULA partnerships, but where they are offered, I wouldn’t hesitate to use them. MF and RV both look very close to NMAC at a glance.

What options do you have to get to this MSRP?

2 Likes

Two-Tone paint scheme - Everest White Pearl Tricoat/Black Diamond Pearl

Illuminated kick plates

Carpeted floor mats & first aid kit.

1 Like

Is there a way to calculate the MF from what I can see here? The residual matches NMAC, but not sure how to calculate the MF, if I even can.

You could figure it out in the calculator, but I was comparing your rent charge to mine.

Yours: 1891
Mine: 1867

And your MSRP is about $695 higher because of two-tone paint.

Assuming we got similar discounts, MF seems about the same.

Maybe @RVguy could help.

1 Like

Nissan is very big into “Invest in the Best”

Tell the dealer you want a NMAC lease
if they say no or give you different numbers then take your original deal.

When the survey comes, if they dont give you the bank you want, Nuke them from orbit. Mention the extra fees and the bank swap. Mention that they didnt want to send the contract

Okay, dealer says they’ll use NEMA and all stays the same.

Said the CULA contract was just so I could see the contract terms since I’d been pestering them about it. :disguised_face:

1 Like

good. just remember the extra fees when it comes time to fill out the survey

1 Like

Oh, I’ll be sure to fire up the torch and bring my pitch fork when it comes time to provide some feedback to Nissan.

Thanks to all for the guidance here, first time I’ve leased a car in 20+ years.

Looking at your deal, you got a better discount on MSRP, mine is only 8.71% off MSRP.

I got a better incentive, at $13355

The best deals are combining your MSRP discount (or better) and this new $13k incentive.

Otherwise, yeah, pretty similar.

I think this represents the deal in LH form. Score is 14.1 years.

One thing I noted is that the tax rate on the contract comes out to 6.35%, but I believe it should be 7.75% … are they going to come back and ask me for another $15/mo at some point?

NY dealer, CT taxes, but CT has a special tax rate above $50k, so I think just an honest mistake here.

This continuous nonsense needs to be called out.

We are not a bunch of douchebags who use survey extortion to get the deals we want.

1 Like