Deal Check - 2023 Mercedes GLC Loaner

Hello! Was looking to lease a 2023 Mercedes GLC service loaner from NY even though I live in NJ and ended up getting it yesterday. The experience wasn’t amazing as the car had a low oil indicator literally within the first minute of me getting the car and the front interior wasn’t as clean as I expected the be. The deal details are below. Thoughts? Initially I thought it was a great deal but my experience has me a bit worried, even though they fixed the oil issue immediately. Anything I should be worried about with leasing the loaner?

You probably would have benefited from a broker cause $800+ a month for an oil burning dirty loaner with 9k miles is a hard pass.

1 Like

I used a broker :sweat_smile:

At the end of the lease, you will have on ODO about 54k miles.
I hope you calculated and understand a TCO for that car ( new tires, every 10k miles maintenance, new brakes)
Also you will drive the car without warranty for some period of time.
Just my $.002.
Enjoy the car.

1 Like

Hmm why would I be without warranty? It should be covered under Mercedes CPO warranty which is 4 year/50k miles.

Never got a CPO, but i think the factory warranty expires after 4 years or 50k miles. Whatever comes first. This car will have 54k miles by end of the lease.

1 Like

Right right but then it comes with an additional year with unlimited miles

If the dealer confirmed that you are good.
I was under impresion that CPO only applies to purchase/finance but i might be wrong.
Enjoy the car. Will be chasing for GLC this December LOL. My wife cannot wait to get rid of current lease of 23 Volvo XC60 B5 plus.

The CPO on my wife’s GLC loaner (bought) was 4 additional years with UNLIMITED miles.

Does it apply to lease?
@trusted_hackrs can You help?

Dunno. Sorry.

I’ve been informed it’s actually not a CPO - just a service loaner.

Sorry to hear that. :disappointed:

CPO is CPO. Why would it be different? OP got a bad deal.

Name him, for the wall of shame lol

I actually thought that retired service loaners that still qualify for new-car RV (minus adjustment for mileage), new-car MF, and new-car rebates/incentives were in some weird category where they were NOT considered CPO (and thus did not have an extended warranty). And hence why buyers need to check when the car was punched (so as to see how much time they have left for the duration portion of the warranty, assuming they won’t exceed the mileage part).

I assumed trying to lease a car that has been CPO’d would result in the typically horrible used-car lease.

I don’t think this is a wall-of-shame bad deal. The high MSRP and mileage (15K) + GLCs simply not leasing amazing well structurally (I assume no incentive or rebats) just isn’t going to make for a unicorn.

I meant CPO on a leased car is the same as CPO on a financed car.

MB leases CPO loaners. As does Porsche.

1 Like

What made you look at a former rental/loaner selling for $49k and think I’ll spend $30k plus extra maintenance costs to rent it for 3 years?

1 Like

I did not know it had 9k miles on it. I was told it had 5k so was not as worried.

I also just wanted something in the 650ish range with 5k down and finding a GLC in that range was pretty hard. Mercedes isn’t as good with deals as a brand like BMW for instance.

9k miles cost you extra $50/month

I know I’m not happy about it. I have reached out to the dealer and broker and hoping this can be rectified by either Mercedes covering maintenance cost + documentation on the health of the car or some sort of refund. I’ll take anything at this point as I definitely think I was 1) mislead on the mileage and 2) had an insanely poor dealer experience. Will update everyone on if the situation gets better!