Deal Check : 2023 Mercedes e350 4matic

Looking for some input for the below lease quote I received.

New 2023 Mercedes e350 4matic.
36 months/7500 miles a year

MSRP $65,6xx
Sell price $56,250
Misc Fees $2,600

Cash down $1750 (includes 1st month)
Monthly = $665 (taxes included)

My goal was under $600 with just first months payment down. Realistic? Or is that too aggressive.

Thanks!

IMO, that’s a good deal on a 4Matic… I don’t know what is in “misc fees” but if there are random/dumb aftermarkets baked in there you should ask for them to be removed.

Is your “cash down” the due at signing, or is the part that is not the first month’s payment a capital cost reduction?

Assuming some of those fees are just doc/license fees, I don’t see how you could reasonably get it to $600 after taxes unless you found a RWD.

I was told the cash down ($1750)was a bank fee + 1st months payment. Maybe the acquisition fee?

Your discount is about 14+% off. Does it include any incentives?

What would the sale price have to be to get you to that monthly? You can always make the dealer a counter offer and see what they say.

Incentives are included in the discount. $2000 dealer cash and $500 Amex.

My best attempt with the above numbers on the calculator has them giving me the lowest MF available 0.00045, so I have to look into those Misc fees but ultimately have to get the sale price to $54k to be at the $600 mark.

Well, once you figure out if there are any bogus fees to negotiate away, you can try to get the sales price down further. The 2024’s are showing up on lots, so they want to get rid of these old 2023s before lease support goes away.

The Truecar site has the fleet at $2,500, but I suspect you lose the $2k dealer cash if you stack this full amount.

So your actual pre-incentive discount is closer to 10%. Not great on an outgoing model. The redesigned 2024 model is already on dealer lots.

If I were in your shoes, I would either shoot for 15% off pre-rebates or just offer them $600/month.

1 Like

Yeah, it may work in your favor to break up the deal this way:

1. Make sure there are no dumb fees in the “misc”
  2. Tell them the Amex/Fleet on a 2023 E350 4Matic is $2,500 and you’re bringing that to the table.
  3. Ask them for 15% off MSRP as a pure dealer contribution (without using $2k dealer cash since that goes away with the $2,500 fleet). This would basically be the entirety of their front end and holdback. They’ll need to come up with any additional money using whatever channels they have to close a deal.

Thanks all!

I will report back with any new developments.

1 Like

BTW if you have the time to investigate, there are two loaner E350 4Matic’s in Marion, IL. They don’t appear to have any previous owner and could be leasable. I have no clue what happens to the Amex/Fleet incentive on loaners though.

What happens if he calls it a dealer discount instead?

1 Like

Sales Manager gets mad, because Mercedes are premium cars that don’t get discounts haha.

I wonder if anyone has ever read that line item on a deal sheet and thought it was a markup.

My guess is you’ll probably see some more motivation towards the end of the month because April 2024 could plausibly be the last month for MY2023 MBFS leases.

Just don’t wait until inventory is severely depleted.

For reference sake just signed a e450 4matic 3k due at signing 695 a month almost 75k sticker in texas with a marked up MF, could have been 650 without MF hike , so on your deal 600 is definitely doable

Was that with sales tax rebate/credit from Texas?

1 Like

It was yes, i was at 12% off msrp before rebates ,i beleive the rebate was 2500 and tax credits total taxes paid were 937$
Base MF was 0.00155, charged to .00195,oh well couldint get it any cheaper, being in texas is brutal for lease, felt was a fair deal, i signed!

1 Like

If you haven’t signed yet, have your dealer re-quote with the latest money factor. It should be a new subvented rate 0.00045… which should get you near $600 post-tax monthlies assuming the rest of the deal stays the same.