Deal Check: 2023 Kia Niro EV Proposal (SE Michigan)

, ,

First new topic, and actually first time (potentially) leasing a car…have always purchased in the past.

Monthly payment doesn’t seem bad, in a vacuum, but the sales price and MF seem high.

I have a vehicle to sell/trade-in that’s underwater by $1-3K…their offer on that was terrible, so i told them to skip it. In hindsight, I should have gotten both to compare the numbers.

-Credit is 760+
-No plan to buy the car after the lease ends, leasing an EV as I have no interest in buying in this market. Basically trying to lock in a cheap lease for our 2nd car until I’m ready to make a more long term vehicle investment in a few years.

Attempted the calculator and messing something up - dealer quoted me $366/mo for 24 months.

Calculator

Any feedback / advice would be appreciated! Have zero experience negotiating leases, so I’m thinking I try to work on the sale price / MF…and work on selling my current vehicle elsewhere.

What have you found for sales price when looking at shared deals and broker listings here while researching? What “should” it be?

Is that buyrate mf or is it marked up?

2 Likes

These 2023’s are distressed merchandise at this point, I’d be asking for 10% off before incentives.

2 Likes

try 12-15% off

1 Like

Distressed merchandise is exactly what I’m looking for at this point, I don’t care about range, charging speed, etc - just looking for the cheapest possible 2nd car that I can plug in.

Like I said, this is my first attempted leasing experience…so i appreciate the help. So going for a 10-15% reduction on price before incentives would be the approach? How about the MF?

Literally just went through this last month. Stay away from the Niro! I had a 2017 and really enjoyed it. Drove the 2023 EV Wave, fully loaded. Was quoted similar prices. Got an Ioniq 5 SEL for the same price. Way better vehicle. More comfy. More fun. More speed. More room.

And that MF is insulting. They’re ripping you off.

1 Like

I’m only moving forward on a good deal. My current car situation is fine, so I can afford to be picky fortunately.

Yeah, I love the Ioniq 5. Everything I’ve seen online hasn’t looked nearly as good, in terms of deals…will keep my eyes open.

But ultimately, I just want the cheapest car with a plug I can get. Already own a PHEV and have a charger in the garage - that can handle any longer trip. I work from home and don’t drive a ton…so if i can find something cheap, and can rely on cheap electricity @ home vs gas…I’ll go for it.

Thx for the feedback!

1 Like