Deal Check: 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe Summit Reserve

That might make it hard to get the deposit back but you’re going to be out a lot more than $1k in this deal.

For example let’s say you did a deal with a dealer a lot of us have worked with in MD or one of the brokers here with one instock like @AutoCompanion or @AutoNinjas .

It’ll cost you about $1k to ship the car but you’ll be getting about 7% off sticker which is a net $4k gain on the discount never mind the terrible interest you’re being charged which will hurt. or the repairs you’re on the hook for in the last 12 months.

This dealer tried to scam you selling oil changes when those are included. Hopefully get that deposit back and walk.

The dealer is going to get stuck with a unit they may have trouble selling… I’d say that’s one angle where they might keep the deposit.

Or try to get a better deal locally with a more ethical dealer.

2 Likes

Well, you walk and probably lose the 1K but will get a much better deal elsewhere especially if you really search this site and learn how a lease/calculator works. Put the time in.

Ok, what are the details on the current lease? Is there equity etc?

I think he is talking his to be signed 48 month lease…the dealer will let him end at 36 if he wants…wonder how that is documented?! :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen the terms on paper yet. Friday was they day I was going pick up the GC and sign. Should I try to get them to lower the MF or just walk.

Walking won’t get you away from this dealer fast enough.

1 Like

I would try to line up another deal and pricing on one ASAP. Happy to connect you to a dealer or you can use the marketplace.

Did you sign something for the deposit saying it wasn’t refundable? I’d assume it is and just request it back. Sooner the better so they could cancel the dealer transfer.

We’ve pointed out that the discount and MF are many thousands off from a good deal.

I just spoke to the dealer they said the money can be refunded back. They also said thats what the buy rate is going for right now (which confused me). The sales manager stated that for that trim and year thats the average interest rate.

1 Like

I guess I’ll walk

They’re quoting you using the standard rate Ally lease, which comes with an insane MF. It gives them some extra incentives to play with, but it doesn’t make up for the ridiculous money factor.

1 Like

As you look for a new deal:

• if you stay local you should look for a minimum of 5% off if not more based on other recent deals
  • out of state you’ll get closer to 7-10% off.
  • Never go past the manufacturers warranty period, 36 months or less. 24 has leased well on these with Chrysler Capital
    -Jeep Wave gives you free maintenance (oil changes) don’t take the add ons.

If you want an out of state quote feel free to contact Mitch at mstainback@ourismancars.com and say Harry referred you. They have quite a few Summit Reserves on the lot and they’ll discount around 4% more than your local dealer and get you a lower payment. You’d only pay to ship it to you.

Glad you came here before getting locked into $1k a month for 48 months.

What kind of lease terms should I be looking for?

24 or 36 should be best. And ask for Chrysler Capital if possible.

I’d run to get that $1K back!

2 Likes

What your current lease and payoff, you might be leaving equity on the table

I found a decent deal on a 2023 Summit Reserve 4xe for my sister in law that we picked up yesterday. I believe rebates are about the same today. It had a $81,380 msrp and the 7500 EV rebate plus $5500 in Jeep rebates. We also picked up the $1000 Jeep rebate you can get while browsing the Jeep website. She did a 24 Month 15000 yr lease because she drives 15-18K a year. You don’t want a 48 month lease because the bumper to bumper warranty is only 3/36. The 24 month was about $120 higher than the 36 month lease. Her deal for the 24/15K was $2800 Total Drive Off and $878 plus tax per month. Money Factor was 0.00188. I think the discount was about 5% off msrp plus the rebates. Summit Reserve 4xe’s are rare around So Cal. I could only find 2 in the color combo she wanted.

Which bank is it through? SFS?

yep !! it is Stellantis

Would they be marking up the money factor because my credit is good but not excellent? A more accurate MF they gave me was .00360

It’s because the bank they used (Ally) has very high rates which gives margin and profit to the dealer. If they used another bank they have like Chrysler Capital or Stellantis and didn’t markup, you’d be getting a lower rate.