Deal Check: 2023 Genesis G70 3.3t

Got this offer on a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3t. Do you think there any negotiating room on this one?

MSRP: 51,145
Discount: 1,147
Conquest rebate: 1,500
Doc Fee: 899
Filing Fee: 199
Title: 20
Acquisition Fee: 750
DAS: 1,000
Monthly Pymt: 605.44(with 7% GA tax)
36/7500 term

You are getting a 2.2% discount. I do not know the market for the G70, so I cannot comment. But if this were any other car, I would say the discount is quite low.

Are there any other incentives you might qualify for? If you don’t know, do some research

Are you getting base MF? Have you confirmed in the Edmunds Forum?

There is always room for negotiation. You just need to find a dealer who will play ball.

@cto68 - A few questions:

1. Are you married to this car?
  2. Are you open to other brands?
  3. What do you currently drive?
3 Likes

It’s close to zero after all the dealer fees.

Took a quick peek at the marketplace; looks like 3-5% off msrp is whats being offered by brokers

If you include the broker’s fee + dealer fee + shipping, then that 5% discount ends up being 2%.

Genesis has never been known (at least on this forum) to be lease-worthy. Their RV sucks and they seldom offer incentives similarly to some of the German brands.

1 Like

But this is a lot less than a similarly equipped 340i, S4 or C43.

I wouldn’t compare the G70 to an S4 or C43. Maybe a Lexus IS500 or an Acura TLX Type S.

My $0.02.

1 Like

I’m currently down a vehicle. Own a '23 IS350 that my wife drives and just gave my son my Gladiator so I need a car for myself. Just liked the performance of the G70 with 3.3t but not married to it for sure.

I don’t understand why people shit on the G70 3.3t. It’s a good car that costs less than the 340, s4, and c43. After driving the s4 and 340, I cannot say they were worth the extra $. My $0.02.

Can you point out one single comment that equates to me crapping on the G70?

I was simply pointing out the reality of attempting to lease a Genesis. They are a better value if you opt to finance them.

A few years back, I was seriously considering leasing a Genesis G80. However, after running numbers (at the time), it did not make sense financially. Just like OP, I was not married to the brand.

I have owned an A4, A6 (6 cylinder). I have also driven the M340i. I am yet to drive a C43, S4 nor a G70 3.3T.

Not you per se, I’ve just seen people say that the G70 isn’t a great car as of late. Imo, if someone wants to lease a car in that segment, I think that G70 leases pretty well comparatively.

Any update on this? @cto68

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

We can agree to disagree on this one.

It is a great value for a 6 cylinder luxury sedan. However, value is subjective.

The only rebate I qualify for is the $1,500 for conquest since I own a Lexus. Not sure about the MF. Credit score is at 800 so I assume I’d get tier 1. I did not allow them to run a bureau yet so they may be giving me a lesser rate. I’ll have to run a calc to see what it is. I got quotes from 2 other dealers on vehicles with same MSRP and they were quite a bit higher.

You should have all this info before reaching out to dealers.

Make no assumptions. A dealer can always mark it up for profit.

I’m sorry but this car and a m340i are not in the same league. That said now that the m340i leases like crap I’m not going to argue with you about value.

3 Likes

I thought GA levied the tax on the lease upfront?

1 Like

I wish I can lease one again for my last price point. it is indeed fun car to drive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.