Deal Check: 2023 Cadillac XT6

I know not all cars make good leases. I’m not looking for an extreme deal at this point - just need a reasonable deal to lease a car that works for me for the next 2 years. I currently own a Mercedes E350, but needed something with a 3rd row when carpooling. Not interested in a minivan.

Was originally looking at GLB or EQB, but the optional 3rd row is pretty elusive (and small). In the price range, not many luxury or semi-luxury options in the budget that I need. Settled on the 2023 Cadillac XT6.

From a local dealership in Illinois:
2023 Cadillac XT6 Luxury
MSRP: $52,425
Selling Price: $48,500 (includes all incentives - dealers are not discounting this car even though 2024s are here)

MF: 0.00352
Residual: 74%
Months: 24
Miles/Year: 10K miles

Cash down: $4,879
PLUS: first monthly payment, plates, title, license, IL Doc, acquisition fee

$536/month with 8% capitalized tax included

The MF is high, but the RV is also high, which I think offsets it. While not a screaming deal, this seems to tick all the check boxes. Take it or walk away? This is the best and final. Another dealership nearby also comes close, but theirs was not the color I preferred. No others have been able to match.

Over 700/mo effective for one of these sounds pretty absurd. Do you have access to Supplier pricing? A supplier code may help although I find it hard to believe that nobody will discount one of these at the moment. Perhaps compare terms as well. 24 months might not be the sweet spot on these. 36 or 39 may be a better play.

The $48xx down isn’t even including all the acq/TTL fees yet. This is well over $800+/mo. Terrible lease candidate.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I do not have any access to supplier code or friends/family.

Yeah I’d run from this deal.

If brand isn’t a concern, you’d be a lot less out of pocket with a higher trim Jeep Grand Cherokee L, Mazda CX9/90 or a Nissan Pathfinder.

Infinity QX60 has had some deals in marketplace a couple hundred less than this deal as well.

1 Like

Thank you. I thought it was more, but will check it out.

Have you compared the Grand Cherokee L? Those were leasing decently not that long ago, I’m not sure what they look like at the moment. Otherwise I’d try casting a wider net on the Cadillac.

This car is being discounted. Check elsewhere. Check Lockhart Cadillac

Thanks. They were one of the dealerships I reached out to, but they aren’t super responsive. I’ll keep trying.

Are you locked in the XT6?

No, not locked in, but it’s been the cheapest lease deal I can find. Any luxury or semi-luxury SUV with AWD and 3rd row. Not looking to purchase - only need this for 2 years.

As someone who is coming to the end of a lease on an XT6, avoid like the plague!!! It is a GMC Acadia with a Cadillac badge. We had the Acadia before and it was a much nicer car that cost less.

I would 100% look at the new Pathfinder, the tech is so much better and will be built 1000% better. Loads of road noise, constant squeaks from the rear, 2 or 3 recalls in the 3 years we have had it. You are basically getting a 7 year old car, it is due to be replaced any moment now.

At that payment I would be looking at an Infiniti QX60, which is a more luxurious Pathfinder. Loads on dealer lots right now.

3 Likes

Thanks for that perspective. I’ve sent out requests to a dozen Infiniti dealers near me but deals are not looking great. Most require Nissan/Infiniti loyalty. The ones in Marketplace are geographically limited to areas I’m not in (and by the time I add in cost to ship or fly/drive, it’s not that great of a deal).

They’re not looking great because that’s where negotiation starts. Have a target realistic number informed by research and push them until they bail or give you the deal.

1 Like

I’ve exchange texts and emails multiple times with many dealerships. I’ve pushed for numbers slightly better than the above and it’s a no-go.

Have you thought about hiring a broker? It might save you a lot of time and headache.

Yes, would definitely not mind working with a broker. Don’t see many in my area.

Agree on the broker option

Probably less than 1k to ship to you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.