Deal Check: 2023 Audi Q5 Premium Plus/Prestige

Hi! Fairly new here, but I’ve been looking to lease an Audi Q5 and emailed a couple dealerships locally.

Offer 1:
2023 Audi Q5 45 TFSI S line Prestige 36/10
MSRP: 60,865
Selling Price: 53,415 after ~12% discount before $5500 rebate.
Cap Cost: 47,915 after $5500 rebate
RV: 56%
MF:.00289
Up Front Cost: 2972 (doc. fee, acquisition, license, etc).
Monthly after tax: 679

Here is calculator: here

Offer 2:
2023 Audi Q5 45 TFSI S line Premium Plus 36/10
MSRP: 56990
Adjusted Price: 45300 after discount and $5500 rebate
Up Front Cost: 2991 (doc. fee, acquisition, license, etc).
Monthly after tax: 697

Offer 1 is better, however I feel like I should be at the high 500s for a prestige at 36/10 or mid 500s for a Premium Plus 36/10. Or do I need to recalibrate on my expectations? I looked at leasehackers negotiated Nov. rate (which has since expired) for a 2023 Q5 Premium Plus 36/7.5 (525 monthly with zero down) and there was also a data point recently for a signed Audi Q5.

Appreciate your help folks. It’s rough speaking with dealers.

Update: The dealership came back with an updated “Offer 2”
2023 Audi Q5 45 TFSI S line Premium Plus 36/10
MSRP: 56990
Adjusted Price: 43990 after discount(13%) and $5500 rebate
RV: 56%
MF: 0.00282 (seems high?)
Up Front Cost: 2991 (doc. fee, acquisition, license, etc).
Monthly after tax: 599
My calculator attempt here. Adjusted MF to make the monthly come out.

Way better deal than initial. Think they’ll budge anymore? I haven’t asked about grabbing AudiCare for maybe 1% more on RV or MSDs.

Are you open to other makes and models?

Yeah. We are. I know Audi’s or maybe Q5s are not the best cars to lease. Possibly might look into Lexus or Toyota.

Do you have any suggestions?

Did you get residuals, MF and any rebates available from Edmunds?

Audi’s generally don’t lease the way they used to. Check with the marketplace to see if you can do better.

1 Like

If you can handle an EV, here is an example of a $90.7k Benz for less than you were quoted for the Q5.

1 Like

Volvo XC60 or Mazda CX90 for lease.

Or finance the Lexus RX at 2.49% APR.

If you ignore the badge the Hyundai Santa Fe limited PHEV is a nicer car than the Q5 and will save you a ton on gas.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m starting to figure that out. They aren’t the best lease!

We’ll check out the Lexus RX this weekend. I realized all these dealers are calculating residual value in dollars based on MSRP and not the discounted price. So much to learn :slight_smile:

Aim for mid-500s for Prestige, high-500s for Premium Plus; adjust expectations through negotiations.

Did you mean the other way around? mid-500s for Premium Plus and High-500s for Prestige? This is before or after tax?

Don’t blow it. Keep it simple. Count your Money.

That kinda statement is not very useful. Unless the math supports it, ie a realistic discount together with existing RV, MF and rebate programs, it’s an exercise in futility. You’re better off ignoring these drive-by-postings.

2 Likes

Updated the post as the dealer came back with a way better deal. Any chance they’ll move further?

wont hurt to ask @Samaudibh for a second opinion on it if you really are set on this

@Samaudibh any assist would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Following. Also looking at Q5s so curious on inputs.

i recently got one, see my deal posted. i am about to get a second one for a friend, working through some dealers. sadly @Samaudibh couldn’t match, but he is the easiest to deal with!

Following as I’m interested in Audi Q5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.