Deal Check: 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL AWD - MSRP $51,625

Looking for an EV without any kind of pre-order, I eventually put down a $500 deposit for delivery of an in-transit Ioniq 5, expected to arrive first week in August.

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
MSRP : $51,625
Purchase Price: $51,625
Blessings: $1147 protection package required
DMV Fees: $100
Dealer Fees: $175 doc fee
Tax: NJ EV sales tax exemption
OTD: $52,948
Incentives: $7500 federal rebate, 2 years free charging, home delivery
Effective Payment:$555/mo

Took me a while to secure any kind of EV, trying to buy out of inventory, in this market. The protection package is required, but does include tire/wheel protection, ding/dent protection, and windshield repair for 5 years, so perhaps not entirely worthless. I intend to structure deal as a purchase, since Hyundai does not pass on the federal rebate in a lease. Using a 84 month loan at 3.24% with 0 down my payments are $705/mo. Ioniq does not have favorable balloon loan rates with AFG. Not alot of secondary market transactions to use for a baseline of market value, but the few SEL listed at Manheim suggest it’s worth about $56K (roughly $5K over MSRP)

Not as much juice as my normal Tesla deals but I finally get to bank the federal rebate

11 Likes

Congrats. Without fed rebate would you suggest a 2022 Ioniq 5 or Tesla 3?

I would like to withhold judgement until I can spend time with the Ioniq and answer this properly, but most are comparing the experience of Ioniq more to a Model Y, it’s just priced like a Model 3. I’m entering into this as a Hyundai skeptic, so we shall see.

I was looking at your numbers, you need to add NJ tags+tire+registration.

I am transferring plates. Should be under $100 for NJ DMV ($82.35)

2 Likes

Thinking about passing on this opportunity, if anybody wants to take over my reservation, let me know. Would be best for somebody in NY.

@perdana trade in the EV mini.

How would these numbers look in NY?

I’m located in NY and think I have a taker for you. I might also be interested in this vehicle for myself. Feel free to PM me and hopefully we can figure something out.

PJ

Not to mention with the 320-hp/AWD it’s more comparable to a long range AWD vs a standard range plus RWD.