Deal Check: 2021 X3 x30i Msport (Custom Build)

, , ,

Hey all, just received this quote on custom order X3. Thoughts? Car ordered from PA dealer, registering in NJ

36/10k

MSRP: $56,745
Sale Price: $50,673 (10.7% discount)
Residual: 56%
MF: .00082 base
Rebates: $2,500 ($1,750 Lease Credit, $750 Loyalty)
MSDs: $3500 (7x)
Sales Tax: 7.025% (due upfront for NJ)
Upfront: $4,099 (tax ~$1800, fees 884, acq $925, first month)
Monthly: $491

1. Sales tax can be paid upfront by the bank and capitalized (“rolled into”) your monthly payments

2. NJ sales tax is 6.625% of the totality of your payments. That’s the rate that needs to be in your calculator

The luxury surcharge is 0.4% of the selling price (if above $45,000). That should be added to the govt fees line in your calculator

1 Like

Taking the doc fee into account, you’re at 9.x% off at buyrate MF

Can’t imagine there’s a ton of meat left on this bone.

But the RV, MF and incentives aren’t helping you much.

It’s kinda up to you to decide whether a 2.0 X3 is really worth almost $600

That’s ballpark SQ5 or XC60 T6 or T8 money

You can’t get a comparably equipped 2021 SQ5 for 600 a month all rolled in, XC60 T5 maybe

This looks like a pretty good deal. This is inline with what I have from a broker (actually slightly better considering the broker fee).

Where did you see 2021 SQ5 for $600 with 0 DAS? Best I saw was $576 on p+ (similarly equipped to this MSRP) with similar taxes and fees upfront (not rolled in) from a broker.

I’m seeing $57x + tax with first and MSD DAS, all other fees rolled in.

Not even sure if that’s the best, that’s the first one I found under shared deals and Marketplace

ETA: that’s for a 2020 SQ5 P+ btw. Not sure why anyone insists the comparable has to be a 2021. I’d rather feel the horses under my right foot than a meaningless number on the reg card in my glovebox

2021 is a big redesign for Q/SQ5 both inside and out

1 Like

It’s a minor update on the X3. Would you rather have a 2021 X3 30i or a 2020 SQ5?

What’s getting lost in this minutiae is the broader point: you can negotiate a great deal with a great discount but there are key variables like RV, buyrate MF and incentives which are off the negotiating table… at the end of the day you still have to do a sanity check. “Do I really want to spend this much on this car?”

Anyway I find threads where the OP disappears and third parties keep arguing quite pointless

1 Like

Thanks Max. I appreciate the feedback but I am not seeing comparable deal for SQ5 as well. I may be looking in the wrong place but just checked SQ5s P+ (similar options) from brokers pages.

Regardless, we are not fans of SQ5s (might be a surprise for some).

I was comparing this deal to other bmw brokers and thought it was pretty decent for the vehicle.

Sometimes you search for the best price for the car and other times the best car for the price. It can be easy to focus on the former and lose sight of the latter.

Aside from the previous gen SQ5, which we were not fond of, I am not sure what else is in this range that is equivalent or better.
Understanding that it is personal opinion, I am curious what your thoughts are on the best suv for this price.

Largely depends on your personal requirements. At $600/mo in a 2 row crossover, I’d be in an XC60 T8

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I think the deal, for the price and being custom, looks good. I’m hoping to see something similar for the 330i custom I want to lease.

Did you get this deal from a dealership or private broker?

1 Like

Dealership in Eastern PA.
From looking at marketplace, seems nearly identical or better given no broker fee.

Just out of curiosity, how did you approach them? I would love to see myself with this sort of deal by the end of the year. I’m new to this and looking into any insight I can get.

Honestly, I just did lots of research on leasehackr and knew the number I was aiming before discussing. I emailed several dealers within 2-3 hour radius and only few would bite and go further.

End of the month push I feel helped slightly.

Thanks Matt, the boss (wifey) doesn’t like the Volvo’s lol, I tried. Plus without loyalty I think we’d be closer to T6 and I myself hated that engine.

It’s definitely a personal preference thing. The bmw and the volvo are very different entries into the market and each have their pros and cons. I was incredibly underwhelmed by the x3, but I’m generally not a bmw fan.

Would you mind sharing how you structured your emails to the dealerships? Anyone in particular at the dealerships that you sent to?

Thanks

PM’d you some info

1 Like