Deal Check: 2021 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription - NY [car from MD]

That is a ton of money for an ICE XC60 2021 too, regardless of market - not to mention all these MSD’s.
you may as well go for a subscription to get a 2022 and have some flexibility to get out when (if) things settle a bit.

2 Likes

The MSRP is $64,500 and unfortunately, subscriptions don’t apply to NY, or at least not NYC. Believe me, Subscription was my original plan. I went with the '21 because it has all the options and features I wanted and I wanted almost all that were offered in '21. The '22 XC60 and the '22 X3 are shipping with many options removed from the order sheet and even then arriving with some of the features ordered, deleted. It was important to me to get what I wanted.

I am also a features guy so can relate. Anyway considering the high MSRP - you couldn’t have done better in this climate. Enjoy the vehicle and post some pictures in the trophy garage.

2 Likes

ehh i’d be around a g less with no broker fee or the cost of shipping on that msrp. pretty sure so would @Benedetto

3 Likes

Ask for $800 for wheel and tire package.

2 Likes

Not in NY unfortunately

2 Likes

Why would anyone buy a 2021 when 2022 XC60s are already out and there is plenty of stock. Look around in this forum and you will find brokers offering 9% off on 2022s.

1 Like

These fees are always added for out of state deals, so yes.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s what I was hoping to hear. If people haven’t been out shopping for cars lately, they may not know what the market is like at the moment. I shopped MB and BMW. Lots are more empty than I have ever seen them. So dealerships are marking up over MSRP because cars are so hard to come by. I figured 8% off MSRP was worth taking, especially since very few cars are leasing well these days.

1 Like

When we communicated recently, you told me at that time, you didn’t have any '21s.

The car I am leasing has so many more features and options than the 2022s. Some features that were important to me aren’t even offered for '22. This goes for MB and BMW as well.

1 Like

I have several available demos. Sold out of new in July.

1 Like

You could have taken advantage of the no broker fee from Aronchi I believe

1 Like

Do you mind sharing which features are not available in 2022 that were in 2021? I’m shopping for XC60 too and yes BMW and MB cut down too many features but from what I see Volvo has pretty much everything intact in 2022 including driver assist, etc.

1 Like

The digital gauges are much cooler and the touchscreen is no android . There is no other major difference. Also instead of it being a t5 or 56 it’s now B5

2 Likes

If those differences don’t matter get the 2021 for a steal .

1 Like

See above. When he and I had communicated he said exactly what he wrote. At that time he had no '21s but did have some demos coming in. I wasn’t interested in a demo.

1 Like

I thought MSD are not allowed for NY ?

1 Like

Allowed for out of state purchase.

3 Likes

He got the car in Maryland so it’s allowed